25 August 2011

Ahhhhh....CRAZY week!!!

So...what happened to the 30 days of Truth, you wanna know?

Well....here's the truth & nuttin' but the truth:

1 - Steven & I finally celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary. As usual, we went up to Nauvoo and had a lovely time! We always stay in Keokuk, IA (about 20 min away) and the drive along the river, on the way to Nauvoo is simply GORGEOUS....tons of lily pads, flowers, trees, river....nice! So we spent 3 days there, and it was so needed!

2- While in Keokuk.....We always take a stroll downtown, and we went to our favorite place to eat dinner, Angelini's Pizza and found that they've taken AWAY the pizza buffet (so cute & small, yet soooo tasty), and now they have a pasta bar. Go here to check out their FB page & pics!!! (sorry...it's Keokuk...what did you think...they had their own webpage????....NOPE!!!)

3- We decided to try out the local movie theater (VERY small, too) and saw Planet of the Apes. It was pretty good. Not so "realistic"...and you know how I am with those kinds of movies....blah!!! But still....it was pretty good. *until the monkey TALKED*..... - VERY strange - Anyway, the best part of the movie-going-experience:

$6 entrance = FREE beverage (w/ $1 refills), FREE small popcorn WITH butter, not-so-crowded movie theater, NICE smelling restrooms (although paint-chipped-to-pieces) with cute benches and floral arrangements, &....wait for it.....a peppermint upon exiting and a sweet "Thank you...please come again" before walking out the door.

LOVED. IT.

4- Upon coming home, we soon noticed that our home computer was not booting up. Much to my dismay, we ended up trying to re-install EVERYTHING & save what was left. DIDN'T happen, folks. We tried forever to get it fixed. I even stayed up 'til midnight staring at "just a few more seconds" & it did it again.....crashed!!!! So, Tuesday I spend my precious "planning time" at school shopping. Researching, price comparing, researching, reviewing, researching....you know the drill. So, off we went....to look at 4 computers when I got off work. Sam's Club & Best Buy...that's where we ended up. After much contemplating, we ended up with a pretty nice dang computer, I have to say. I'm sad to spend that kinda money so unexpectedly...but what can you do? I had to do it!

5- Classes started. That's right...only 2 left to finish my Master's. They started Monday, and by Wed. evening my first paper was due. Don't forget....my computer wasn't working MONDAY or TUESDAY.....argh!!!! Anyway, so yesterday you know what I was doing....type, type, typing away and submitting it. I mean, I have YET to start the Bachelor Pad (and that is VERY sad for me....LOVE those crazy dramatic shows with catfights!!!), haven't seen Talent & this week was the first REAL week (ugh!), & missed the finale of Expedition Impossible. My tv life is OFFICIALLY over with. I guess it had to come some time....but I'm still upset about it!


So there you have it, folks. That's what I've been doing for the past week. So...leave me alone, I've been more-than-busy!!!! I like technology when it works. I hate it when it doesn't.


And there you have it...the REST of the story.

4 comments:

Julina said...

As I believe Steven pointed out, I don't believe it said it had to be 30 CONSECUTIVE days of truth... so even if you don't get back to it till Dec... it can still be 30 days.

But if you never get back to it at all, we'll still love you. :) Glad you had a nice time in Nauvoo/Keokuk before the computer disaster and glad you're back up and running before too much of class has passed by... good luck! And take care.

Sarah Lambson said...

You know what I love about reading your blog? I can hear your voice in my head as I read it and it makes me smile. But it makes me miss being HOME with FAMILY and all that.

And hearing you talk about papers makes me want to re-think the whole "getting my masters" thing.

Can't wait for day 11 of the 30 days posts!

Kirsti said...

I AGREE with Sarah! All while reading this, I heard your voice in my head! Creepy!

Hope all goes well for you and your classes. Can't believe you're two away from a masters!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

i LOVE nauvoo! my favorite place there is the family fudge shop. yum! nice to hear that the movie theatre in Keokuk is such a good deal.

good luck on your classes. i have 2 classes till my master's also, but alas, they aren't offered until January so i *get* to sit out this semester.

but i'll be tutoring John through his evening classes, so it's not much of a break.

and TV? what's that? :)