28 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 13


Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter)



Dear members of Little Big Town,

You may not know it, but you have brought me to tears many times with "Bring it on Home to Me." It was my wedding song. I've cried myself to sleep many nights to your lyrics.

"Take your worries and just drop them at the door. Baby...leave it all behind. When your long day is over, and you can barely drag your feet. The weight of the world is on your shoulders....I know what you need. Bring it on home to me."

This song was on repeat so many days.....& it got me through some tough times before I was married. Your song gave me hope, and it gave me something to look forward to--being able to love someone like you've never loved...trust them in ways you've never trusted...and genuinely want to be a better person for them.

Thanks for uplifting me when I need it the most,

Me.

ps- Steven, I know you'll read this soon. I love you, and always will. I'm so glad we chose this song as OUR song. And when you need me, I'll always be here for you.

♥"You got someone here who wants to make it all right. Someone who loves you more than life....right here." ♥


No comments: