17 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 10


Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know




Wow. Now this one is very personal. And truth be told...I honestly believe that EVERY person we come into contact with, is for a reason.




Except for the person that sits down in the stall next to us in the bathroom when you have an upset stomach. Especially when you two are the ONLY ONES in there.


Or, the person who sits next to in a huge movie theater, when there are over 100 other seats they could choose. REALLY?


Or, the person who sneezes all over you, getting you sick.


Or, the crazy person who cut you off this morning and almost caused a car accident.


Or, the angry woman at school who yells the F word a bizillion times, b/c the printer isn't working right. Slams the door. Then leaves screaming more F words. Ya, she was cool.


Okay, I guess EVERY person having a reason for being in my life is a bit over-exaggerated. But only a little bit.




There is one person, but I am not going to mention their name...for fear that they might read this. This person requires a lot of patience, and a lot of energy. I feel like it's all GIVE, GIVE, GIVE and nothing gets better. I feel like I spend a LOT of time worrying, thinking, and even crying over this person. But I can't say NO. I can't seem to get past them. And I KNOW there is no way to get rid of them, and even if there was...I wouldn't really want that.




I guess I just need a vacation from my problems....a vacation from this person. Kinda like Bob Wylie did on "What About Bob".


Is that even possible?




I mean...Everyone deserves to have friends.


1 comment:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Sure. Everyone deserves to have friends. But I do believe that if said friend is making you crazy, it is a-ok to distance yourself until your crazy depletes to 10% or less. I also think that sometimes, in order to be friends with certain people, that requires distance. There are some "friends" of mine that I can't stand to be around for longer than an hour because I feel like I'm unnecessarily competing (like, they're in a competition with me, and someone forgot to tell me about it). But there I go, venting :) In other words, I understand what you are saying.