09 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 2

Day 2: Something I love about myself.

I LOVE that I am a penny-pencher!!!


I don't know how I do it (okay, really I do.....), but I find the BEST of the BEST deals!!! From free samples, to free food, to free merchandise....I find things most people can only DREAM about finding. And thanks to my sister, Marlena...I now have another resource and I'm even better than ever these days!!!!


Some of my recent purchases that I'm proud of:

- FREE colgate toothpaste (5)

-FREE oral B toothbrushes (2)

-FREE lotion (2)--got that this week, and even made $1 on each one!!!

- 25 cent General Mills cereal (Family Size, 10)

- FREE Ivory soap (bar & liquid, 4)


Past purchases I'm proud of (that I can remember):

- 50 cent linen skirts

- $1 Steve Madden sandals

- FREE copy paper

- FREE photobooks


I mean...I am really getting lots of free stuff lately, and I'm really proud of that! I've gotten so many lately that I've donated to others (my mom & dad, my in-laws), and I've even started a collection of "give-aways" when someone needs them. If it's free...even if I don't have use for it...someone else can, and I am feeling the need to be charitable these days.

Wanna know how you can save $$? Here's a few things I can share with you:

- Newspaper coupons: clip them ALL, even if you think you won't use it. You never know when it goes on sale!! My sister even has a Spanish newspaper she can get for FREE in Arizona, so they get 4-5 papers and she gets TONS of great items for cheap that way!!!

- Find out which grocery store doubles coupons. All those 25-50 cent off coupons could easily be 50 cents or $1 off!!! And when things go on sale for 10/$10....take out those 50 cent coupons and rake in the savings!!!!! ($1 - 50 cent off, at a place that doubles it = FREE!!)

- have a coupon buddy, even if it's a website or two. My sister finds good deals, and we share info. There are a few internet sites I like, too: http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/ & http://www.couponmom.com/. Both are GREAT for different reasons. If you want freebies (movie rentals, samples in the mail, books, or deal-match-ups near you...she is from Kansas City, though) Penny Pinchin Mom is for you!!! However, if you want a website who lists by grocery store/State...and shows you what coupons to put with it....Coupon Mom is for you.


There you go...WHEW!!! Saving money makes me HAPPY!!!!!!

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

I NEED to go shopping with you!! I feel so clueless about coupons! I'll look at the websites and start clipping coupons, but seriously I want to go with you sometime!

Tamara said...

girl....we'll do it!!! I LOVE IT...it's so thrilling to walk into a place and come out paying $2 for 3 bags of groceries!!!!! (I'll admit....it doesn't happen everyday, but when it does....SCORE!!!)

Unknown said...

Cool beans! You should talk to Eva--she's gotten into extreme couponing.