26 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 11

Day 11: Some thing people compliment you the most on


My "cute-ness" when I'm actually trying to look cute!


Does that even make sense? Well...to ME it does...so THERE!


Ya see, most days I feel myself looking a bit "drab" or "frumpy" as my family likes to call it. And I admit....it takes me a while to get ready (about 45 minutes from the time I turn my alarm off to the time I am eating breakfast, and getting my bag ready to place in the car to head to school). However, if I really broke down the time, here it is:

- 5 min moping about the room, getting used to the lights

- 5 min. starting in the mirror plucking eyebrows or other wild hairs I notice, observing any newly developed psoriasis spots, popping zits/blackheads, starting at my toenails that need to be repainted, & going to the fridge to get me some water (okay...some mornings like today actually take 10 min here...ugh!)

- 5 min to sit on the toilet and think about my night and take a gander down at my legs (TMI????....NOPE!!!!) and wonder when the next opportunity I'll get to shave, now that school has started.

- The next 10 in actually in the shower wishing I hadn't done the afore-mentioned items, and actually gotten something accomplished, and telling myself my legs would already been shaved if I had jumped right in the shower.

-5 min listening to morning news on radio and doing make-up. Yep...that's right. A touch of base, light blush brushing, & some mascara...that's it, BABY!

- 5 min staring in the mirror again...I really don't do much more than pluck a few more hairs or wonder why in the world I bought I treadmill when I've only used it a few times since purchasing it in March, and wondering why I can't motivate myself to do something about my sagginess that seems to be happening lately (and I don't even have kids yet!!!!!)

- 3 min blowdrying my hair

- 10 min to do hairstyle: straighten in layers, put some "umph" to pump it up a bit, hairspray, and done!

- 5 min to get my clothes on

AND....if you add it up, it adds up to more than 45 min...ugh! But somehow it all adds up....a minute here, a minute there...and viola! Misson. Accomplished.


Anyway...back to the post at hand...."cute-ness". Ya see...there are some days where I put on a bit more makeup....eyeliner, eyeshadow, powder, QUALITY mascara, lipgloss/stick, etc. Those days I just wake up feeling "cute", I dunno. Anyway, so I pick out a cute outfit (stylish skirt if the legs are shaved, sandals, belt, etc) and put on some cute accessories to match (usually from my small collection of things I've bought in other countries), put on a dash of perfume...and I guess I just feel different those days. I'm usually nicer (so they say), the students compliment me, the staff at school usually notices, Steven says something extra nice when I get home. So I guess something must be working.

Am I really THAT frumpy on those "oh-so-ordinary" days? Or is it that you can actually TELL when I spend more time on doodling myself up, instead of plucking, pulling, tweezing, picking, pulling, tugging, and wishful thinking?


I dunno. You be the judge (but not too harshly.....)

No comments: