15 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 8

Day 8: Someone who made my life hell, or treated me like dirt


Weeeelllll...I had PLENTY of people who treated me not-so-nicely while I was in Chile. But, none of them are really "sticking out" right at the moment. But, one girl from college rings a bell LOUD. AND. CLEAR. right now. Her name was Brynn.


I have no idea what her last name was. All I know is that she ALWAYS got up in my business, and loved calling me out on whatever she could. Here are a few scenarios I remember specifically:


1- Sunday afternoon. My friends & I playing cards in the living room floor. TuPac turned up kinda loud on the stereo. We were chillin REAL good. She walks in (dressed in an ugly dress from church choir). Turns off stereo. Gives me a death stare. Asks me what's up. I got up turned back on the CD. Sat down in the floor and acted like she wasn't even there. That PISSED her off. She stormed out, slamming the door. I laughed.


2- Practically any day of the week. Pick one, any one! She's eavesdrop on my conversations. ALL of them. On occasion, I'd use a "not-so-nice" word. After hanging up the phone, she'd wanna know WHY I spoke like that around her. I was in my ROOM. Bedroom door was shut & locked. Living room door was shut & locked. Stop eavesdropping!!!!!


3- One night at a roommate meeting. Yes...we met weekly (only lasted for a month or so...lol) to discuss our issues in a "calm" fashion. Weeks after a specific incident (mentioned in #2, above), she called me out on using a certain word that is used ALL. THE. TIME. in the south (her being from Utah, she was totally NAIVE). I asked her to please not bring up past issues. She insisted that I needed to talk quieter. YA...like that can even HAPPEN when your mama gave you a good set of lungs (and...sometimes I'd even talk louder just to piss her off, oops!!!). Anyway, she started pointing fingers. Before I knew it, my fist was clenched and I was moving at a high speed toward her chair. Didn't hit her, but almost did. Roomies had to separate us into different rooms. She called her mommy to come pick her up. Unfortunately, she didn't move out. We were enemies the rest of the year.


So there....she was never nice to me! She didn't like me from the start.

Just cuz I was fun.

Just cuz I wasn't from Utah.

Just cuz I was different (and proud of it).

Just cuz I pushed her buttons (and enjoyed it).

Just cuz I didn't wear a dress ALL. DAY. ON. SUNDAYS. (& go to choir practice like a good girl would)

So...take THAT...Brynn.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So....tell me...how do you really feel about this girl?

TheRapunzelGirl said...

i also had a terrible roommate, who i didn't realize was terrible until i moved off-campus with her. she had a car, but wouldn't drive me ANYWHERE, even if it was on the way (unless it was to a social event she didn't want to go to alone), had a bigger room but didn't pay more rent, messed up the kitchen ate my food & never did dishes.

i don't think she was quite as bad as yours tho.