11 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 4

Day 4: Something I need to forgive someone for


Well...this one is easy for me. LOOOONG story, and I know I said yesterday that I would not give you details...but I guess I kinda did. This one will be short. Why?--every time I think about what happened, or think of this individual I get angry. It brings back real feelings of hatred...and I honestly have never felt this is ANYONE the way I have with this person. And I know I need to forgive. I'm working on it.


It has to do with a guy (typical). He's from a certain country--Chile.

This guy promised me the moon. Okay, really, he didn't. But he promised a LOT. So much so, that I told my family at one point I was going to quit school (not finish my degree) and move to Chile to see if things were going to work out in the long run. I was seriously head-over-heels (so I thought....) for this guy. I had looked into buying tickets, quit working on my "plan" for graduation...the whole bit. I had even had the Lord CONFIRM to my heart that this is what I was supposed to do. I had even spoken to his FATHER on the phone and told him how much I adored his son.


Long story short...I got lots of emails shortly thereafter. LOTS of people saying they'd seen him out with another girl, and they were getting serious. Ya...they are now married with kids. He was lying the entire time. He lead me to believe that I was special and that it was in my best interest to drop EVERYTHING and leave my home, my family, my schooling, my COUNTRY for H-I-M...yet he was doing whatever the heck he wanted with whoever the heck he wanted.


NOT. RIGHT.


Am I still upset? Yep. Am I still bitter? Yep. He's written me several times since then telling me he needs my forgiveness so he can move on with his life. I read them all, and would sit and cry. I tried ignoring them, but couldn't. Then, I started writing back for him to leave me alone. I've told him countless times that God knows what he did, and that he'd pay for it. :) Nice of me, huh? Real southern belle of me, huh? Well...my hate has somewhat lessened over the years. Do we "talk"? No. Are we friends? I'd say no....he'd probably say yes. But, like I said yesterday....things happen for a reason. It would've never worked out. I'm glad I found out what kind of a guy he REALLY is before I ever did anything drastic (like quitting school or buying plane tickets). I'm actually glad it didn't work out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you found out sooner rather than later. You deserve the best!