24 February 2009
Shout out by Tamara at 2/24/2009 11:45:00 PM
15 February 2009
Here's the rules...
2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap"(the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog).
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Here's my scrap (for better or for worse):
Shout out by Tamara at 2/15/2009 02:16:00 PM
09 February 2009
- the night when Trevor proposed to her in the middle of a football field
- just listening to her and her faith she has
- crying with her when she was hurting inside
- crying with her when I was hurting inside
- laughing at ourselves & our silly boy stories
- Cleaning her room & hanging up her clothes when she was engaged & had NO TIME to do it herself
- Seeing her as a beautiful bride and imagining her as a wonderful mother
- Seeing her come down the stairs at the MTC on our way to the gym to work out, and she had forgotten to take her slip off and it was down to her knees outside of her jogging pants!
- trying to memorize the discussions in Spanish and getting so frustrated w/ her because she was so much better at it than me
Michelle, I miss you. We need to catch up soon!
TAGS: Emily, Jamie, Beverly, Marlena, Beckie, Michelle, Amber, Olive, Reagan, Sha-nay-nay, Tami
Shout out by Tamara at 2/09/2009 08:00:00 AM
05 February 2009
*This is a list of 100 activities–some I have experienced (BLUE), some I have not (regular). See how your list matches up to mine.
- Started your own blog
- Slept under the stars
- Played in a band
- Visited Hawaii
- Watched a meteor shower
- Bathed in a river
- Been to the Taj Mahal
- Walked on a glacier in Alaska
- Caught and held a snake
- Spoke in front of a big crowd
- Bungee jumped
- Had a whirlwind love affair that broke your heart
- Found an arrowhead or fossil
- Taught yourself an art from scratch
- Rescued an animal
- Ate sweet breads, glands or tripe
- Seen Mount Rushmore in person
- Grown your own vegetables
- Seen the Mona Lisa in France
- Slept on an overnight train
- Had a pillow fight
- Hiked to base camp on Mt. Everest
- Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
- Built a snow fort
- Watched an animal being born
- Gone skinny dipping
- Learned a foreign language
- Ridden in a gondola in Venice
- Seen a total eclipse
- Stayed up for more than 24 hours
- Trained a dog to do cool tricks
- Been on a cruise
- Seen Niagara Falls in person
- Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
- Seen an Amish community
- Can drive a stick shift car
- Won over $1000 in a raffle or lottery
- Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
- Gone rock climbing
- Seen Michelangelo’s David
- Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
- Been serenaded
- Visited Africa
- Walked on a beach by moonlight
- Broken a bone
- Started your own business
- Quit a job because you were totally unhappy
- Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
- Been to the Eiffel Tower
- Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
- Kissed in the rain passionately
- Played in the mud
- Gone to a drive-in
- Been in a movie
- Visited the Great Wall of China
- Joined a prayer group
- Taken a martial arts class
- Visited Russia
- Served at a soup kitchen
- Gone whale watching
- Received flowers for no reason
- Donated blood, platelets or plasma
- Gone sky diving
- Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
- Bounced a check
- Flown in a helicopter
- Saved a favorite childhood toy
- Visited the Lincoln Memorial
- Eaten caviar
- Pieced a quilt
- Stood in Times Square
- Toured the Everglades
- Been fired from a job
- Seen the changing of the guards in London
- Broken something extremely expensive
- Been on a speeding motorcycle
- Seen the Grand Canyon in person
- Published a book
- Visited the Vatican
- Got a tattoo
- Been to a coffee shop in Amsterdam
- Seen the aurora borealis in person
- Read the entire Bible
- Visited the White House
- Killed and prepared an animal for eating
- Had chickenpox
- Saved someone’s life
- Sat on a jury
- Met someone famous
- Joined a book club
- Lost a loved one
- Toured the UN
- Hiked to Machu Picchu
- Swam in the Indian Ocean
- Conversed with someone when neither of you spoke each others language
- Dirty danced
- Been stung by a bee
- Acted in a play
- Had more than 5 surgeries
- Threw a surprise party for someone
Shout out by Tamara at 2/05/2009 08:00:00 AM
01 February 2009
2. What color are your socks right now? white matches everything
3. What are you listening to right now? my electric heater sure is cold these days...
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Wendy's caesar salad & burger nuttin but lettuce, tomato, pickles & onion, por favor
5. Can you drive a stick shift? on a good day however, mine has one that has a sporty knob that is sorta stick shift, but it's not the REAL deal....oh well, close enough!
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Sheila gotta love the madre
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? nope, I adore her (love the wedding pics, girl)
8. How old are you today? 25 I've been 25 for the past 3 years now...life's mmm mmm good!
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? does American Idol count?
10. What is your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper or Mtn. Dew both real gooooood
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? sure have!
12. Favorite food? pasta, salad, bread Basically, anything that I don't have to cook or wash
13. What is the last movie you watched? Be Kind, Rewind......REAL dumb!
14. Favorite day of the year? any day I don't have school & can sleep in When's another snow day?
15. How do you vent anger? Playing Spider Solitare on the CPU
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie or Cabbage Patch
17. What is your favorite season? Summer!
18. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries or anything else red
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? nope, but they can put up a post, if they want!
20. Who is the most likely to respond? hmmmmm....tag! you're it!
21. Who is least likely to respond? hmmmmmm..... don't let it be you.....
22. Living arrangements? Townhouse that is old, cute, but not remodeled very carefully (tiles are coming up off the floor, frozen pipes, etc)
23. When was the last time you cried? Just the other day
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, shoes, and more shoes
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? Sister, Marlena if she even reads my bloggy anymore
26. What did you do last night? Went to church and it was boring (goal setting...but at least I smiled!)
27. What are you most afraid of? Steven dying first, or running out of money
28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? spicy with lots of pickles!
29. Favorite dog breed? Great Dane
30. Favorite day of the week? Saturday but only when I'm not in class for 8 straight hours!
31. How many states have you lived in? five: Kentucky, Tennessee, Idaho, Nevada, & Missouri
32. Diamonds or pearls? both, but never together
Shout out by Tamara at 2/01/2009 08:00:00 AM