26 April 2011
24 April 2011
I do, and I was reminded of it today, while at church. Here's a few things I remembered:
I remember going shopping for my annual "Easter Dress". Oh fun that was! I don't remember too many of the dresses, but I DO remember the qualifications for said Easter Dress: new white ruffled socks, new shiny white shoes w/ a buckle on the side, a dress w/ tons of flowers on it, and a white brimmed hat with a bow on the front to match the color of the flowers in my dress. I have several photos of those days. I couldn't find one that quite matched the description above...I'm sure my mom still has them and is enjoying them today. However, I did manage to find these beauties:
Can you tell which one is ME? And yes...my mom made us cut our hair that way. So don't blame me for looking like a boy....all of my sisters did at one time or another. Mom says we didn't like to brush our hair, so she decided to keep it trimmed short. I say she was sad she only had one boy. Oh well...what was done was done. I'm still bitter about it, though...obviously!
Going for Easter Egg hunts. My mother went out of town to visit my brother and his family for the Holidays. She loves dying the eggs and hiding them for the kids. Now...we never had MONEY-filled eggs like some folks. But we did put candy in them. Frankly, I'm surprised my older brother didn't put "nuggies" or something crazy like that in there....he was always doing crazy stuff like that! Anyway, I miss doing that...it was always fun.
I do remember one year when we had maybe 30 eggs that we hid in the backyard. Of course, we'd just put them random places and we thought we were smart enough to remember where we hid them. WRONG!!! Let's just say that the NEXT year, we found some pretty rotten eggs in the woods, and dad got upset w/ us for leaving them in the gutters as well!!! ooooppppssss.....
I saw a pic of my friend's little boy sitting in the Easter Bunny's lap. Ya...I never did that. Nor did I ever do it with Santa. I don't know...was I scared of the scary looking thing? Was I camera shy? Were we too cheap to purchase the pictures? or Were we just too lazy to actually stand in line for a while to get a picture w/ the creature? I dunno.
In our baskets, we always had simple things. It ALWAYS included a chocolate bunny. Mine had to be white chocolate, of course. I'm not a big fan of chocolate...unless it's white. Then, I'm all in!!! We had some jelly beans, some Cadberry eggs (and yes...mom was the only one who actually liked those things, so I'm sure that is why she kept buying them to put in our baskets...she always got the leftovers....smart woman!!) It was simple, but a nice present.
Years later, I went to my Aunt & Uncle's house who were living in Utah at the time. I spent Easter with them and got to see what was in their baskets. MAN...my mom jipped us. My cousins got toys, games, money, candy....I mean, today they probably have Ipods and laptops in their baskets. Soooo jealous!!! But hey- I'm not complaining. My Aunt put some money and Bath & Body Works stuff in a basket for me. I guess I was a good girl that year, b/c that's the best basket I've ever gotten!
What do you remember most about Easter, when you were little?
Shout out by Tamara at 4/24/2011 02:56:00 PM
21 April 2011
I KNOW I would!!!
Shout out by Tamara at 4/21/2011 12:57:00 PM
19 April 2011
Shout out by Tamara at 4/19/2011 12:30:00 PM
12 April 2011
2. I finished my Master's class. It has lasted 2 semesters. It was a research class which was HELLACIOUS, if that is even a word. Well, if it wasn't...it is now, so get used to it! The end product was a 50 pager, with around 20 research articles, data analysis, etc, etc, etc. It. was. HARD. Tomorrow I actually upload my paper to my advisor, and I'm officially D-O-N-E.
3. I'm done (with said #2, anyway) until August. Then, I will take one class for the fall, and one again in the winter. Once these two classes finished, I will FINALLY have my Master's Degree. Whew. I'm tired...can I just be done already?
4. In June, Steven & I are taking another trip (yes...a trip with several adolescents yet again...as if we didn't get our fill of them, just yet) to Europe. This time we will visit Germany, France, and Spain. Can't wait for this trip. Is it June yet?
5. We have booked another trip for summer of 2012. Destination: Costa Rica. My all-time-wanna-visit-oooh-so-badly!!!! I mean seriously!!! Does it get any better than tropical weather, canopy tours, zip lines, rainforests, hot springs, nice sandy beaches, and beans & rice for every meal? Okay...maybe take away the beans & rice part. But seriously...can't wait! Is it June 2012 yet?
6. I guess I'm done for now. Any thoughts? Leave me a comment to let me know you still visit here. I guess if there are no comments, I'll be deleting soon. Ugh. Oh well...if you all have dropped me from Google Reader, I'll understand. If not...we'll see how long my "updates" continue.
Shout out by Tamara at 4/12/2011 06:06:00 PM