21 April 2011

My Favorites - good or bad?


Yah...I know...


I shouldn't have "favorite students" in my classes.


But I do!


I am reminded of it everytime one of "those kids" ask me for something and I say NO, and then my lil angel comes up and asks for the same dern thing....and of course, I say "ok....rĂ¡pido" with my cutsie smile.


I KNOW I shouldn't. I KNOW it's bad. I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW, I said.


But who can blame me? I wanted teachers to like me...I wanted to be noticed. I wanted to show off. And so...I guess I tend to favor them as well.


I'm a horrible person. I mean, really...how do parents keep from doing it? C'mon...be honest here! You KNOW we all do it. We are all like this at some point. I mean...if you could go to the store and buy the perfect child...wouldn't you???



I KNOW I would!!!

3 comments:

Funky70s said...

I'm a volunteer as a teachers assistant and I play favorites too. I know its not the same thing when it's your JOB, but, nonetheless, I totally empathize with you.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Um... I'm right there with you. The terrible thing is, my 2nd year was painfully obvious who my favorites were. I was really good my first year about treating them equally despite how much I did (or didn't) like some of them.

Reggs said...

I don't know how you do it!! I rarely like other people's kids. I think it comes down to how they treat you as a teacher, no? Wouldn't you be sweeter to a kid who was sweet to you? :)