12 August 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 5

Day 5: Something I hope to do in my life

Be a mother.

...and not just to any child. I want to go through the process of being pregnant & giving birth to a child that is half ME, and half STEVEN.


It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that after 4 years of marriage, I am still childless. I love my life, I love that I can travel the world, I love my job, and I love my husband. I love that we've been able to purchase a house. I love that I can spoil my nieces & nephews when I visit them. I love that my hubbs & I both have fairly decent jobs, so we can go out to eat, go to the movies and do what we want (to some extent, anyway).


Still...I am not a mother. My house is always clean, & I LOVE that. But, sometimes I want a child to come mess it up for a while. I LOVE that I can watch all the tv shows I want. But, sometimes I wish I didn't have time b/c we were too busy watching Dora the Explorer. I LOVE that I can stay up as long as I want during the summer (and weekends, mostly), just to sleep in the next morning. But, I would like to hear the patter of lil feet before daylight, and the begging for you to get up.


I think it will happen for me. But when...that is the question. With lots of family & friends seeming like "fertile Mertile", it is hard sometimes. Who knows what the future holds. I am trying to be patient. Some days it's easy, some days it's not.


5 comments:

Peeser said...

I can imagine how hard it must be. I have some friends here in Indiana that are unable to have children, and after years of filling out paperwork to be adoptive parents, and after one or two almost-adoptions, they are finally going to be able to adopt the child they've longed for and prayed for for years.

It's not easy waiting, but I know when the time comes, you and Steven will make fantastic parents. In a world where so many people are afraid to raise children amidst such corruption and violence, THANK YOU for wanting the job. I pray the Lord will bless you in your desire!

K.M.L said...

saying prayers for you and your future child...I know how great of a parent you'll be once God decides when it should happen. We've been there (6 long years) and just know I am thinking of you!

Unknown said...

I really hope this happens for you. You will be a wonderful mother!

Shannon said...

I love you and that you are being so incredibly honest! You wrote this so perfectly. I truly hope this for you-you will be a great mother! Good luck and know that prayers are being sent your way!

Julina said...

Just a hug for you (everyone else's pretty much covered it...)