12 January 2008

Recent Pics

Just wanted to post a few recent photos of Steven & I. We never carry around the camera, & that makes me upset sometimes, because I used to love capturing those precious moments and archiving them in photo albums. I am just so busy these days, that I can't even think straight sometimes.


Take yesterday, for example...if there was ever a day from HELL...Steven's and mine was yesterday. I didn't sleep well the night before, so I went to school at 7am really, really REALLY exhausted (which didn't start the day off too well). School was fine until last hour...7th hour classes on Fridays...who enjoys them, anyway? After school, I had tons of grading to do so I stayed at school until 5pm, when Cheerleading practice started. Steven brought my order from Sam's Club to school and brought a book to sit and read while I ran practice. Let's just say I'm turning into more of a psychologist for these girls than their "coach". I called each girl in, one by one, to let them vent on me, and them take a bit of constructive criticism from me. It went fairly well, although my head was pounding from having a long day! The whole time, Steven was patiently waiting in the cafeteria for me, with a few dollar sandwiches from McDonald's to hold us over until the Basketball game ended so we could have some REAL food.


Practice ended, and the game started at 6pm. Before the game, we all sat in a circle, held hands and they listened to things like "There will always be hardships...so get over it!" "It's not about you anymore...this is a team effort, so start acting like it!" "You are beautiful, talented, and intelligent girls...don't let the little things build up so much that it affects not only you, but everyone around you!" etc, etc, etc. It was quite a speech, let me just say. A few minutes later, I had to write up a few girls for having jewelry on during the game and refusing to take it off (rules of the game), and being late to practice (30 freaking minutes...b/c they were hungry).

After the first game, we found out that the second game had been canceled. So, excited to finally leave school, we headed to Steven's favorite restaurant in Columbia: Flat Branch Pub & Brewery. After roaming the streets and finally finding parking in the parking garage, we walked in the brisk cold only to find out it was a 45 minute wait. We left, and decided to go to Pizza Hut instead. When we got there, it had already closed as well. So, we headed home and decided to order a pizza and watch a movie together. We tried looking for online specials at Papa John's Pizza, but for one large, with all the fees and delivery charges, the total was over $20, and that is too expensive for one pizza. We went to Pizza Hut and decided to order the 3 medium pizzas for $5 each. After registering online and picking the toppings, and all that other crap you have to do, we finally placed our order. The total came to $20, but at least we had 3 pizzas instead of 1. No kidding...the phone rang 10 seconds later, and I said...if that is Pizza Hut calling to cancel our order, I'm just going to bed hungry. IT WAS PIZZA HUT! "Man, I'm sorry to inform you of this, but we are all out of medium regular crust...but we'd be happy to make your pizzas in the thin crust if you'd like!" YUCK! I'm not on a diet (but I need to be on one) and I don't like thin crust! I said "no thanks" and went to bed!


What a horrible day! It was full of disappointment after disappointment! Hopefully today will be better. So enjoy the following pictures of Steven & I, thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, Emily who always has her top-notch camera ready for action!

4 comments:

Amber said...

You look pretty natural there with that baby in your arms.........Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a horrible, horrible day! After each event you described I kept thinking "Wow, that WAS a bad day. At least they can go home now and curl up with dinner on the couch" but you would go on to describe the NEXT frustration. I hope your weekend was a lot more relaxing after that day!

Mary Victoria said...

I'm with your friend Amber...you two make a cute trio!

Sucky day...but cute couple!

Anonymous said...

where's my kids???? they we're born FIRST!!!