28 January 2008

In Memory of Pres. Hinckley

He inspired a nation,

and will be missed by many.


Gordon B. Hinckley

(1910 - 2008)


A quote from Pres. Hinckley's son, at the funeral of his wife, Marjorie Pay Hinckley back in 2004: "When in some future day the hand of death gently touches one or the other of us, there will be tears, yes," said son Clark B. Hinckley, reading a letter his father wrote his mother after nearly 60 years of marriage. "But there will also be a quiet and certain assurance of reunion and eternal companionship."


I'm sure they are finding peace and comfort as they are reunited once again with so many loved ones on the other side.


Some favorite photos/memories:


He was told that he needed a cane...but he rarely used it. It was more like an acessory to him, or a fancy "pointing stick"



He was a man who cared about his country, and who traveled around the world. He was not afraid of politicians, but loved "setting people straight" about our faith. He loved people from every land.
. . . . . .
When I think of President Hinckley, I just can't help but smile...

3 comments:

Steve said...

"Home" was playing as I read your words- very appropriate, I think. You wrote beautifully, love.

agirlnamedgay said...

glad you stalked me down again. and glad you got marlena on the blogging boat. couple comments- really like your hair curly (from a few posts ago), and how the heck did you become a cheerleading coach? looks like life is good... i'm happy for you!

Amber said...

That was beautiful -- it kind of makes me think of Granny and Papaw - together again. "Bring it On Home" was playing when I was reading this. I'm sure when he got "home", he was told "Well done, thou good and faithful servant".