07 January 2008

Crazy Mizor-ah Weather

This is what the weather looked like today at 3pm in Columbia, MO. Cool, you say? NOT EXACTLY...when you are still at school, and in charge of so many kids!

It was complete chaos for a bit. We were under a tornado warning until 4pm, then it was changed to 4:15pm, and then at 4:10 (right when all the kids are getting restless, and a bit tired of texting and games on their cell phones), they decide to extend the warning until 5pm. Talk about craziness! One kid even shouted..."I have rights, too, you know!"

Yikes...that IS true...but I tried to remain calm, and keep them seated in the basement. Can you believe it? And while it's hailing the size of golf-balls outside, all I could think about was my car...oh, the dents THAT is gonna cause!
There was supposed to be a basketball game today after school, but at 4:30 they decided to cancel everything...good decision! However, it is still storming outside right now! AND...there is supposedly another storm and a cold front on it's way right now.
Why did I move to MO again?

4 comments:

Steve said...

Ummmm...do I really need to remind you why you moved to Missouri? What am I, chopped liver? Ugh...

Emily S. said...

How'd your car end up?? Mine is dent-y from the storm of aught-three. (That's '03 in old-people speak.)
I couldn't IMAGINE being in charge of squirmy middle schoolers AFTER HOURS when they don't want to be there. Yuck!

Tamara said...

car ended up fine...although it is REAL deer-tay! As in Joe Deer-tay (if you've ever seen Joe Dirt)...

As far as I know, the car is okay...so far! It was dark outside last night, and my car was covered with water from all the rain...and today it' so dirty I can't see much.

Good excuse for a car wash, eh?

Emily S. said...

nah-- don't bother. It'll just rain again!