08 January 2008

All About Steven...

What is his name? Steven

How long have you been married? 5 WHOLE months

How long did you date? We dated for about 7 months before we were engaged the 1st time, then 3 months later we were engaged to be married in 4 weeks...August 3, 2007.

Who eats more? Steven, by far! Although if you put a Bloomin' Onion from Outback in front of me I'll go to town on it immediately!

Who said I love you first? Steven. Funny story--we were talking in the car about something, and I asked him a random question about....well, I can't even remember. Then, he just said quite bluntly..."If you're asking me if I love you...I do." Kinda cute, and I just sat there, smiled and said...."OK. That's not really what I was asking, but ok." And I was speechless (there's a first time for everything...).

Who sings better? Steven has a beautiful tenor voice! His entire family has beautiful voices...I love hearing them harmonize! You should hear their Christmas carols...it's like listening to the MoTab choir!


Who is taller? Steven wins again....6'2"ish.

Whose temper is worse? Steven can get quite grumpy. But I have to admit...I hold on to things for longer than he does. I have a hard time letting things go. He is much better about saying "I'm sorry" and cuddling up to me in the bed when he knows I'm upset. I like it so much that sometimes I just play like I'm mad just so he'll roll up in a ball on his side of the bed...and 3 minutes later roll over next to me, put his arm around me, and say "I'm sorry."

Who does the laundry? Me...I'm quite OCD about it, really. But he does help fold it...he HAS already learned to only fold his and to take the laundry basket upstairs on laundry days! How cute is that?

Who does the dishes? Once I ask Steve to do it, he does the dishes. We both clear the table, and he's good about taking my dishes from the table (his waiter-ly instincts kick into place nicely here). But occasionally I do them while he's letting them "soak" awhile...that's his way of saying...I'm done now, babe...can I go watch the game now?


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Steven does for now. I just have to have the easier access to the bathroom. I don't like being next to the wall, either. Steven doesn't mind, so he takes whichever I don't want. But, we both prefer the middle. It's true...we're gonna have to purchase a king-size bed, b/c neither of us can sleep with the other one beside them...sad, but true. We both like to spread out in the middle of the bed!


Who does the cooking? Right now, my mom! ha ha...that's one of the many perks of living at home. I love to cook, and hate doing the clean-up...I just lack the time to do it all. Steve also works two jobs, so we either eat what mom fixes or go out to eat!


Who is more stubborn? Definitely me. I'm way to picky, and Steven lets me be me. Lucky me to marry such a wonderful guy who lets me be queen everyday!


Who proposed? Steven, twice! (I'm so lucky) The first time, he came over on Sunday, before church, with a basket of breakfast goodies. In the cute basket was 2 small juices, 2 small cereal boxes, bananas, linen napkins, the cutest white bowls you've ever seen, and some tulips. Burried in one of the bowls was the ring. I froze and instantly was in a trance! He said..."are you gonna open it?" "I can't...you do it." So before I knew it, he had it opened and was down on one knee propsing. The second time was also on a Sunday, and he popped the ring back out and asked me again to marry him. I asked, "Are you sure this time?" And he said, "100%. I've decided that you are the one for me and I'm going to dedicate everything I have to making you happy for the rest of our lives"...and that was enough for me to say yes AGAIN!

Who is more likely to admit when they're wrong? Steven...I'm so stubborn!


Who wears the pants in the family? I plead the fifth

Why do you love your husband? I don't think I have enough space or the time to list all the details on the blog. I love him for being the man I always dreamed of marrying. He loves me no matter what and isn't afraid to tell me or show me anytime or anyplace (w/o the PDA, mind you!). He supports me in all of my dreams and aspirations. He makes me a whole person. He lets me be me, but when I go overboard or am completely out of line, he lets me know properly. He is so loving to me, and even when I'm upset with him, I still can't help to love him completely and wholely. He tries his best at making me happy...it's so hard sometimes, me being the perfectionist I am. But he does his best, and I'm so proud of him. I love his laughter and I the way he loves the gospel. I love the way he will drop anything and everything to do what is right for our family, and for his parents and/or sisters. He always puts family first! I love him for having to courage to admit that he wanted to be 100% sure that he wanted to marry me, and for taking back the ring after he'd already proposed to me. I love him because he has a great heart, and always wants to make sure he knows what he is doing, why he's doing it, and completely dedicated to what he does. He is my husband and I adore and love him for the man he is every single day. I love finding new things every day to love and admire about him.

6 comments:

Steve said...

I'm speechless...first time for that, too ;) I don't know who think you married, but he sounds way better and smarter and more charming (and less gimpy) than I could ever be. I love you, Tamara, with all of my heart that I know how to give right now. It's yours, forever.

Reggs said...

*LOL* I love you guys. TOTALLY NEWLYWEDS!! I loved that stage, so stay in it as long as possible!
(I would do one of these about my husband, but I would be embarassed to admit that I eat WAY more than he does.)
Congrats on your 5 months of bliss!

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet! We should all do that for our other halves. I keep meaning to do something special for my fiance to show him how much he means to me...you've inspired me to get moving on that. You guys are so cute together.

Mary Victoria said...

Yucky. (jokin of course:) I hope I get as gross with my who-ever hubby!

Michelle said...

It's good to learn more about your hubby. He sounds wonderful! When do I get to meet him? Come visit!

Julina said...

I knew he was a huge, loveable goofball, but that was as my kid brother...

It's really nice to see him in a new way, through the eyes of his one true love :-) and to know that his heart is safe in your hands (and vice versa, of course...)

Be good to each other, and thank you for your example.