08 July 2008

NKOTB - my past loves


One of their most popular songs: Click below, if you DARE:





Don't be shy here...you KNOW you loved these guys! Everyone had their favorite, and mine was Jonathan. He was SO hot, and sang bass. My sister had a crush on Danny, but most of my friends were in love with Jordan or Joey, the lead singers.

Who was your favorite? Joey, Donny, Jon, Danny, or Jordan?

I was listening to VH1 the other day, and they have a new song out, Summertime. That's right, gals...they are back in town! They are much better lookin' and a bit older. Sorry ladies, most of them are married these days (and didn't you notice that's when they broke up...when they started gettin' attached to women?). Interesting.

Here's their latest song, Summertime, for those of you dying to hear it.

Warning: It's a bit extreme w/ the ladies in bikinis. But, not too bad considering what is being shown on the trashy tv these days. Don't say I didn't warn you, though. If you stick around long enough to see the end, they come back with their signature hand-wave move.





Now...who's gonna be the first one to go out and buy their CD? I know I am NOT. However, I DO hope that you enjoyed these videos. I had a blast singing along with them as well. Hey, what can I say...NKOTB still brings a smile to my face, even after all this time!

4 comments:

Peeser said...

I love it! It was great getting to watch the Hangin' Tough video again- it brought back so many memories (remember Jordan's really long, skinny braid in the back? And I used to think Danny was so monkey-face ugly... Jon was always my favorite, possibly because he never had long hair/tails like most of the others did) I have to say, though, I never quite understood the whole crying thing...
It's funny to see how grown up they have all gotten (and yes, still good-looking, even Danny), and interesting to consider where they've all ended up in their various careers- only to come full circle again.

So, I don't think I'll be the first to buy the CD either, but if I hear good enough reviews, I may get it for nostalgia's sake...

thanks for the trip down memory lane!

genevieve said...

Great memories! Ahhhh....

Did you know Em and I and our way-back-when friend Sarah are seeing them in KC for my post-bachelorette evening? I cannot WAIT!

And I second Elise's thoughts...Danny was a MONKEY! I was a Joey Joe girl, through and through. I refused to believe he wasn't lip-syncing in that horrible concert video (Hangin' Tough Live), even though it was more than obvious his voice couldn't do the soprano "Please Don't Go Girl" anymore...

I also think it's hilarious that Jon became a realtor.

Yayyyy for NKOTB!!!!

~genny

Reggs said...

OH man, I was totally into Donny! He was super hot back then, with the ripped jeans and the mullet (business in the front, party in the back).
My friend Shauna and I would fight over who got to marry him. Hmm, good thing I always ended up letting her marry him. He kind of looks like a plumber these days!!
(but i like their new song regardless).

Emily S. said...

Genny already said my news-- we get to go to their concert in the fall!! So fun/funny!

And don't you think they must have felt surreal posing for photos together again? Weird for them.

I was a Jordan girl, all the way.