05 July 2008

Finally Settled In!!!

I know some of you have been waiting to see our new apartment. I posted some pics of it a few weeks ago, but our apartment was full of boxes and needed lots of cleaning and organization. So, I just wanted to post pictures that were taken yesterday. I probably should have retaken pictures this morning, since Steven & I clean every Saturday morning.


Oh well...if you don't mind seeing our dirty laundry and a few specs of dirt here & there...these will do just fine!

Enjoy! And I hope you are all making plans to come and visit us soon. We have an extra bedroom that is waiting for someone to come and sleep in it. We promise to make you good food and keep you in good company!

1. The Kitchen--where Steven & I spend most of our evenings together. I have done most of the cooking, but there are a few nights that we go out to dinner during the week, mainly because I am TOO TIRED to stand and cook after teaching Summer School. The little iguanas above the stove are really cute; I picked them up while I was in Mexico this year.

2. The Living Room--where we spend watching some of our favorite shows. Among these are American Idol, America's Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, Celebrity Circus, ESPN, and any movie they play on TNT or Encore.

3. The Bathroom--C'mon...do I really have to go into detail on what goes on in here? This is the upstairs bathroom. It's quite cozy, but there are 3 things wrong with it:


1. The fan is obnoxiously LOUD and one day we just might get sucked up into it, so watch out!


2. The shower rod over the shelves is almost coming out of the wall. I tried to fix it and then asked the maintenance man to take a look at it, and supposedly he made it a little better (that's what he told me), but now it's even worse than before. So basically, there is a hand towel hanging on it for decoration, but you can NOT use it, or else the whole contraption might come crashing down.


3. If someone is in the shower DO NOT flush the toilet, start a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, or wash your hands. You will just have to wait. The first few days, I had to learn my lesson the hard way. Steven swears he wasn't "doing anything", but I almost got freezer burned one morning, and the next I was almost scalded to death. It was quite scary!

4. The Guest Bedroom--This is where we have our computer, books, ironing board, and everything we have in "storage" currently. It is a nice little room and fairly cozy. Anyone need a place to stay overnight...c'mon over to the Lambson Place!


6 comments:

Elicia said...

It turned out super cute Tamara! The water in our house is a lot like yours apparently. We have to make sure to warn the person in the shower that we're using water to wash our hands so they're not totally taken by surprise when the water changes temperature and pressure. I just tell myself it could be worse...we could be stuck with a "califont".

genevieve said...

I love it! Really nice work. Those iguanas are AWESOME! We just got some metal lizards at Art in the Park and I can't wait to put them up.

(Also, I wish our second bedroom looked as inviting as yours...)

~genny

Steve said...

You forgot about Gladiators! How could you forget Crush and Titan and Toa? And especially Wolf?

Seriously, I'm very pleased with the way our little casa turned out, and it's all thanks to you.

Love you!

Peeser said...

i don't remember if i mentioned it (i think maybe i did), but i really like how your home turned out. (btw, you forgot to feature the downstairs bathroom which is also very adorable and cozy). i love how it is very clean and uncluttered (i somehow have a hard time letting clutter go- maybe you should come out to Indy for a day or two to help me unclutter...maybe not... :)

thanks for sharing the pics...

Julina said...

It looks really good. :-) I'm sure you're glad to have things in their place and arranged to your liking - I went on a bit of a cleaning frenzy this weekend and it feels so good to have order around me :-)

My shower is just freaky on it's own (unless the animals are doing something I don't know about). The pressure varies - that might be a neighboring apartment. But I have my own water heater, and still I can almost guarantee that about halfway through, it'll start to cool off. Don't know why, it just does (so be warned any future guests at "Julina's place"). Plumbing. I don't think I'll ever figure it out...

Have fun! Is summer school almost done?

Emily S. said...

nice!! I know how much work it takes to REALLY feel moved in, so you've done an AMAZING job!

(sorry I'm commenting so late!!)