22 March 2008

Meet the Browns

Last night, it was Girls Night Out!


Steven has had to work the evening news shift this week (and part of next week as well), so that meant no Friday Night Date....ugggghhhhh! After a few minutes of wondering what to do on a Friday night, with no husband, I decided to call up Wanda and go to dinner and a movie.


Wander & I went and ate tacos, burritos, and chips n salsa at the new Chiptole in town (we always go to the same resaraunts--Chipotle or El Maguey)! It was really somethin...even the hateful woman who slopped guacamole on my tacos (wait a minute...it wasn't on my tacos, it was on the side of the basket). I mean, she literally THREW the guac on there, and some of it hit her in the hand and she had to change gloves...poor thing! Anyway, the dinner was good, and the company was a riot. It's nice to have some girl time every now and then.


Then, we went to see Tyler Perry's new movie, Meet the Browns. It was so funny! For all of you who are fans (like I am) of Dairy of a Mad Black Woman, this one is hilarious, too! I even posted the trailer for your viewing pleasure...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to have girl nights out more often..You actin' like you an old married fart!! Relief Society teaches that women need women and that's a fact to live by!!! Our Grandmothers hung out with each other as much as they did with their husbands and they were the happiest women I know!!

The Ottley's said...

Hey Tamara! How's it going?
The favorite one...
Tami
P.S. Come visit us at theottleys.blogspot.com

ollie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only white girl that enjoys black comedies. I rented Pootie Tang one time and Shane hated it -- I thought it was the greatest movie ever made!!! BTW... if you've never seen it, you're really missing out!!

Amber said...

Love the new blog background!!! Don't you love that website?? It made it easy for blog challenged people like me! I agree with Marlena -- you need girl time! You better get it now because when the kids start coming..... it won't be as easy to find the time!!!!