08 March 2008

Continuing my Education


I will be attending Graduate School in the Fall!

As some of you already know, I applied in January to a grant-funded program that is certifying teachers to teach ELL students (students whose native language is something other than English). Over 5 years, the state of Missouri is going to certify 100 teachers, and I feel that it is a great opportunity for me to get started working towards my Master's Degree.

The program (called ELL-MO) provides a scholarship which completely pays for your tuition. I will only have to pay for books and other student-related items. I have a friends who is currently in the program, and she says she pays about $100 a semester. The program will start this fall. I will take 2 classes this fall, 2 in the winter, and 2 more in the summer. Then in the fall of next year, I will be doing my practicum in my own classroom.

I know it will be hard, but I am really excited about this opportunity and excited to get started towards another degree. If you want to check out the particulars, and know more specifics about the program/scholarship, click on this link: ELL-MO Program.

Wish me luck....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Back to school"..."Back to school"...I would send Steve to go to school while I kicked it at home!! GOOD IDEA!!!

Elicia said...

Good Luck Girl!! You're a top student, so you really don't need luck. Just hang in there and make sure that you get lots of back and feet massages from that sweetie of yours!

Reggs said...

YAAHHHH!!! There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who has brains! Way to go, kid! (I turned 28 in Dec, so technically I'm older than you and can call you "kid"). What a great example you set for future Lambson's. :)

Julina said...

Good luck and try to keep from going nuts juggling all of your responsibilities :o)

agirlnamedgay said...

i guess congratulations. school is like a double-edged sword. it always sounds real fun to be in, but once you're in you're dying to get out. i just don't know.........