29 December 2007

Christmas Vacation


I just LOVE vacation!

It's my favorite time of year...Christmas cards adorn the walls of many homes, sparkling Christmas lights can be seen in every neighborhood, Christmas carols are heard everywhere you go, and family members get a day or two off (usually) to spend more time with their loved ones.

This Christmas was particularly memorable because it was the first Christmas for Steven & me. Having heard of the hardships that could arise between couples trying to spend equal amounts of time together, I really tried my best to spend time with both families. And today, I can sit here and say "I had the best of both worlds"...

Christmas Eve was spent with my family during the day, and when the evening came, we went over to the Lambson home to join in their Christmas Family Traditions...it was a night filled with driving around looking at Christmas Lights, Singing Christmas Carols in the car (and man, we sure did have quite a Choir going on in Steven's car), and watching Scrooge to end the evening. Well, almost watch Scrooge...I ended up falling asleep and we had to leave early!

Christmas morning was spent at the Wiles house. We ate a heartly southern breakfast filled with eggs, country ham, biscuits, and...did we forget the fried potatoes this year? Yummmm...it was so delicious! Then, we opened gifts one at a time...I mean, my niece and nephew (Gavin & Lauren) opened our presents one at a time. What fun it was to see them so excited about opening gifts! Then, we started making lunch which consisted of smoked turkey, homemade sranberry relish, potato casserole, sweet potatoe casserole, green been casserole (yep...we love us some yummy casseroles in the south!!), roles, green jello, fruit...and I think I'm missing something, but there was so much food I just can't remember it all!

Christmas Evening was spent at the Lambson home. We went and opened gifts once again! That was fun...getting to open our own gifts this time and just getting more gifts period. That was fun! Then we snacked on some cookies and just hung out with each other. It was nice to see his family, play a few new games we'd gotten for Christmas (Domino's...Mexican Train version of course, & SLAP...the most funnest card game ever!)

So, this Holiday season was well spent and in dang good company, too. I'll take another one of those anyday...How about tomorrow, too?

I hope everyone of you had a safe Holiday and that it was filled with as much joy and laughter as your homes would have room for. I love you all, and appreciate you taking time to read and comment on my blog...it means a lot!

Merry Christmas (belated as it is)
Happy New Year (may it be filled with lots of bubbly goodies)
Happy Hannakkuh (don't burn down anything)
Happy Belated Birthday (to a few of you who recently had one around Christmas time...yes, that's you--Beesley & Nielsen...& yes, I know you're both married...I just wanted to do it for old times sake and for a good laugh)

4 comments:

Julina said...

You forgot Kwanzaa ;-)

just kidding - seriously, it's been good to spend some time together and get to know my new sister a bit better.

Anyway, I'm sad you have to go back to school so soon after New Years, but enjoy the next couple of days :-)

Mary Victoria said...

Happy New Year Chica! It was great to see you in St louis...you and Steven are wonderful :)

Emily S. said...

that cartoon makes me giggle!
You are getting awesome-er and awesome-er over the months. I love it! That means that in another 10 years, you'll be too awesome for words. Crazy!
(Thanks for soothing Noah so well. YOu are magic.)

Amber said...

I LOVE Aunt Sheila's potato cassarole!! I'm jealous! But, we had some yummy stuff too!