04 December 2007

Monday evening


So life is pretty crazy right now. STRESS, STRESS, & more STRESS! Did I mention that I have tons of STRESS right now? ha ha So, if you are wondering why I haven't written in so long on my blog, it is because of that. I am trying so hard to be a good teacher, a wonderful wife, an acceptable cheerleading coach, a wonderful friend, and a hard-working counselor. Needless to say, I am failing in almost all of these catergories. I mean, I just can't seem to get my act together and it really is bothering me that I have so MUCH to do, and I never seem to have time to make any of them better!!! It is really a struggle for me.

So last night, for FHE, I had a great idea. Usually, Steven & I just sit around the house watching a movie, eating, or playing a board game (Scrabble, Skip-Bo, Sorry, or Domino's). But yesterday, we were both in the Christmas mood so I wanted to go shopping. We looked around Wal-Mart and shopped for our "future tree." It was lots of fun. This year, since we are still living with my parents, we don't have to worry about spending money on a tree, stockings, lights, etc. We are just bumming off of them. But, we went and asked questions like..."how do you feel about Nutcrackers, babe? ... If you were to pick one of these stockings to buy, which one would it be and why?" We discussed everything from styles of wrapping paper to types of trees we want to buy (I'm allergic to real trees, so it must be artificial, anyway!). One thing we both agree on--absolutely NO nappy blow-up objects in the front yard! ha ha

The best part of the night was going to the dollar store. We each had $2 and a quarter for tax. We bought one serious gift, and a funny gift. Then, we went home and wrapped them up, wrote a letter to go with them, and exchanged gifts. How much fun we both had! Steven gave me a knight's sword (to beat him up with when he gets on my nerves...the thing is HUGE) and some Christmas cookie cutters (so we can bake cookies together, make fun icing decorations, and deliver them close to Christmas...exciting, I know!). I gave Steven a hamburger-mallow! Ya, it's just as disgusting as it sounds! His favorite food is a hamburger, and they had a huge marshmallow shaped like a burger...he even took a bite of it...so gross!!! Then, I got him a 500 piece puzzle of a wintry scene; something we can do together instead of playing the same 'ol board games...he LOVED it!

We had so much fun last night. Ok, so Steven had a limp b/c of his leg hurting. But he was a good sport overall. Check out his blog later today...we took some pics and he's going to upload them later today! You should definitely check out his blog (there's a link on the right)...it's quite hilarious, and of course his version is a lot different from mine! :)

No comments: