17 December 2007

Memories & A Shout Out...

I went to one of my friend's wedding reception this Saturday. When I moved to Columbia, she was the first person to say HI to me at church. She was my first friend, and the first one to give me a calling....uggghhhhh! Just kidding. She happened to be the RS President, and how lucky was I to get to know her! ha ha

Anyway, it was a very cute and simple reception a few nights ago. She was all wrapped up in her new hubby, John. How cute they were, and how in love both of them seemed! It was great to finally see her get married. I know well of the frustrations and feelings of loneliness and wondering if you would ever find "Mr. Right."

I remember just how frustrating it was trying to find "the one" and getting nowhere, and having no luck. I would find great guys, and even go out on a few dates with them; but I always ended up heartbroken one way or another. It seemed as if I was doomed to live the life of a single young woman.

Then I moved to Columbia, MO. And things took a drastic turn for me. Not only did I find a wonderful job, but I found a man that would love me forever. That is more than anyone could ever hope for! I am so blessed to have someone in my life, and I'm grateful to have gone to the reception this weekend (even though there was quite a blizzard going on around me), and be reminded of the past. I was the last one to get married and have my reception in the same building. Shannon Bell (now Hufford) was helping my mother and a few other gals prepare for my reception. This weekend it was my turn to help her out, and I was glad to do so.

And last, but not least...a SHOUT OUT to my husband who is at home sleeping soundly in the bed with an aching foot. I am so glad that I found him, and that he asked me to marry him. I am excited for our future together, and look forward when we will one day be parents and have our own children to teach, and watch them grow. What an exciting thing it is to be married. It has its ups and downs, just like anything else in life. But having someone there to hold you when you need it, rub your feet when they are aching, and someone to worry about you, and smile at you, and support you...well, life just doesn't get any better than this! Steven, I love you...and thanks for being you! I hope you feel better soon (can we cut off your foot yet?)!

2 comments:

Reggs said...

How did you EVER wonder if you'd find Mr. Right?? I can't believe that ever entered into your noggin. OF COURSE you were gonna find him! You're funny and kind and you have a good heart. And you're an RM which makes you freakin' awesome to boot.
I am so happy for you and your companero eterno! Sometimes its just nice to share your bed and have someone to snuggle with. :)

Tamara said...

so true...those are the best parts of having a hubby!