03 November 2007

Ear Candles

Have you even heard of these crazy things? I had heard of them, but had never tried them before. Since my ears are still infected, and haven't been getting much better the last few weeks...I finally resorted to trying these things out.

It was quite the experience, let me tell you. I went to the Natural Food store in town, and bought two of them, one for each ear. I read the instructions, and after hearing my mother say, "I wouldn't do that if I were you"...decided to try them anyway. You place the candle through a paper plate, light one end of it, and stick it in your ear. Every now and then, you have to "unclog" the candle because too much wax and debris gets in the way.



As strange as it was, it was kind of neat! I'm not quite
ready to go for round number 2, but my ears feel a bit different today. Stay tuned for an update on how it goes. I've read the research about them, and to say the least...most of them say they don't do anything at all. But I've heard several say on talk shows and from other conversations, that they get pretty good results. We'll let you know if a few days how it went.

3 comments:

Reggs said...

Holy cow! These look AWESOME! I must say, was this invented by a Chilean? One of them told me that to cure an earache, you roll up a newspaper funnel and light it on fire. I assume you need to exercise extra precaution if you use hairspray.

Dog cartoon...SO FUNNY.

As for the blog background, I had a really cool one that looked like scrapbook paper and then it got DELETED! So I took the template and just added in pictures off the internet of my own. Let me know if you would like me to email you the HTML so you can build one of your very own!

Oh, and looks like you ARE feeling better! 3 posts since I last visited!

Tamara said...

ya I know...can you believe it? Ear candles are really amazing! I'll have to tell you...the experience was a bit tricky and scary to say the least, but seriously....my aches and pains of my ear (and even my nose drainage) is G-O-N-E...so, no matter what doctors tell you and what you read on the internet...I'm convinced (as the church teaches us)that some things just can't be explained by science!

judd said...

i first tried ear candles when i was a teenager. as i finished my ear candle and sat up holding the stub in my hand, my room filled with smoke, my dad walked in and immediately thought i was holding a joint and smoking up. you can imagine his relief when i immediately understood the look on his face and said, "ear candle." it was an awkward and touching moment.