11 November 2007

neonred t H A a sigN Parking K
y O U

This goes out to Jeanne Lambson, my mother-in-law. She is such a neat lady, and I really do admire her and look up to her for her many talents and the great mother that she has been, and is today.

Friday night, after attending an "all-school party" at work, I went over to her house. Steven had planned on going to the party with me, but soon found himself a bit "bored" and went to visit his parents just down the road. I love going over to her house...it's so welcoming and inviting...it just makes you feel at home instantly!

I was so stressed from the week, and there were several things that were weighing heavily on my mind that evening. I found myself complaining and venting quite a bit to her that night. She was so great. Not only did she offer wonderful advice, and share with me about the "Theory of the peaches", but my soul was fed, and I became enlightened as to what I should do and how my attitude needed to change...quick! It's amazing how a burden can become so much lighter after talking to such an amazing woman!

I really did get lucky when I married Steven. That luck has blessed my life in so many ways, and this is only the beginning of our entire lives together. I am so excited to raise children that will call her grandma, and be able to be blessed by her wisdom. I'm thrilled that she will teach them things that I can't. I'm happy to have her in my life, and blessed that she will be the one to bless the lives of my family as well. I can only hope to become as great a mother as she is today.

Thank you, Jeanne!

2 comments:

Julina said...

Mom and I decided you might be a little crazy (or at least your schedule is) and that some of the people in your world could use a little empathy (or at least an inservice on how to simplify... no names will be mentioned here, but we can discuss in person ;-) But know I'm praying for you as you balance Primary, teaching, cheerleading, and MY BROTHER!! See you soon (I hope) and take care.

(PS, I think my mom is pretty awesome, too...)

Julina

Tamara said...

yes, she definitely IS!! I'm starting to get a hand of this whole cheerleading thing anyway! It is crazy, and especially when you have to deal with 12 girls with attitudes, and everyone on & off of their monthly cycles. It's a challenge for sure! But I'll make it through this one...I just need lots of r 'n r