03 November 2007

Bummer...or NOT??

This weekend my family, Steven & I were supposed to travel to Kentucky to attend a wedding ceremony of my cousin. It's one of those things you just feel like you should do. And it always happens at the most inconvenient times. We were going to drive to Louisville, KY this morning, attend the ceremony and reception this evening, and drive back tomorrow. OR SO WE thought...


Yesterday, mom told me she was sicker than ever, and she wasn't going to go after all. My sister and her two kids decided to stay home as well (they weren't going to be thrilled about the whole 6 hour drive there and back, in only two days anyway). So there we were, My dad, Steven & I and the mini-van.


Since I went to the doctor on Monday, I really am feeling less stuffy, so that is a good thing. However, my ears are still hurting and that has put me in a grumpy mood lately. It's just no fun being sick, and I keep waiting for this to go away...but it doesn't. It's just one of those lingering sick things!...YUCK!


Anyway, we decided not to go. So, today will be a different kind of Saturday. One where I can relax and sit on the couch and actually watch a movie with my husband, who is usually working hard at Ruby Tuesday's trying to earn a little extra money so we can do fun things together. So, here's to a weekend off...with a bit of sorrow for not being able to make the wedding.

No comments: