11 November 2007

Cheerleading update...

Cheerleading has officially started! With at least three practices a week, we will be ready for our first basketball game after Spring Break. The girls are pretty good, I must admit! The second day of practice, I had us a little meeting that I like to refer to as a "Come to Jesus" meeting. This is where I laid out the rules and told them just exactly what it was going to look like to be an Oakland cheerleader. Some of them, of course, didn't like all the rules (esp. not the consequences) but these girls need to learn responsibility and what it means and what it should look like when you are representing your school. I have to say, there were only a few complaints. So far, so good! Tomorrow I have to order warm-ups, so we'll see how that goes!

3 comments:

Elicia said...

I didn't know you were over the cheerleaders! Were you a cheerleader when you were going to High School?

Tamara said...

nope,never was a cheerleader! It's one of those wonderful opportunities to learn new things, get all stressed out, and make a bit of extra cash on the side. Actually, they kind of "volunteered me" for the job...I never signed up. I don't know what they were thinking...all I know is they said I'd make a good role model for them! We'll see...

Emily S. said...

i'm proud of you for laying the smack down. Discipline IS totally important!!