05 September 2009

oh. mY. GOsh. GROSS!!!

It is a three day weekend.
All is supposed to be nice & relaxing.
RIGHT?

Well, mine didn't start out quite so nice:

Imagine waking up to a nice, cool morning.  
(*ahhhhhh*)
I thought to myself...I should open up the windows and let some fresh air in as I work on my lesson plans and school work I need to get done this semester.

To my surprise, I went to the computer room and found not-so-cute BUGS crawling all over the curtains, blinds, WALLS, everywhere around the window, in the window, on the sill, everywhere!  

GROOOOOOOSSSSSS!!!!!

So, I go downstairs and get out my can of RAID and sprayed the crap outta them!  *die, sucka...DIE*...I was literally yelling and getting so excited to kill the dern things, yet I was completely grossed out by the fact that there were literally hundreds of these things infesting my cute lil apartment!  

So, while Steven was at work, I decided to drown them in RAID and leave the hideous sight for my husband to see when he got home (I needed some sympathy for seeing such a disgusting site, and taking care of it myself...right?!?!). Well, I just couldn't stand it any longer...I just cleaned it up a few hours ago and found MORE pouring out a small hole in the right hand corner of the window!  I couldn't believe it!!

So, for your viewing pleasure (or...just in case you don't believe me), here are the soon-to-be-famous-pics of my not-so-great comedy-tradgedy this morning:

First, the ziploc bag where the "winged ants" will remain, as proof of what I encountered this morning.  Apparently, when bug men are called, it's helpful if they have a specimen to work with.  Nasty!  Whatever...I just did my job.  You can thank me later.
Second, the few that came out, risking their lives and mourning the loss of their amigos who had just been put in the ziploc...here are the last brave few who ended up drowning and joining their amigos in the ziploc:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What is it with you Wiles girls and bugs? Marlena and her flies. You and your...whatevers. Maybe y'all need a different body wash...

Marlena said...

Doll, thats a funny post..."join their amigos in the ziploc"...I like it!!!! But, I don't like the bugs...You know how I feel about them and I would go get a hotel room and charge it to the landlord cause "I don't like liars" and I certainly don't like bugs!!!! EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Peeser said...

Wow! I am impressed with your determined bravery. Seriously. Yeah, given the same situation, I would probably find the courage to do the same thing, but I think I would be freaking out the whole time. Bugs really gross me out, especially when there are swarms of them, as in your case. I think one of the worst scenes for me in movie history is in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, when Willie has to deal with the tunnel of bugs. I'll spare everyone the horrifying details- if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about...

I am so proud of you! Steven should be too!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Blech. I hate bugs. We have lots of them here. Big ones. And geckos... but apparently geckos work as inside pest control :P I don't know which is worse

Julina said...

Oh, ick. I'm not sure if I should say "congratulations" or "too much information" with those pictures. I'm hoping, though, that your reference to "bug men" means that a more permanent solution was found...

(shudder)

I also hope that in all other respects, your weekend was a good one...

Colton Anne said...

That is really gross! I'm glad that you were able to get them contained...or sort of anyway until the bug guy comes! Good luck! And I'm glad it's you and not me!

Unknown said...

Tam, I couldn't get my style results to post, so I deleted it. If you can do it, let me know how. Hope you've rid yourself of the buggies!

Reggs said...

OK the bag of ants made me want to dry heave. You are one brave woman to get all those bugs by yourself!
One time in Quillon, Hna Arredondo left a hot dog in the sink, and when we came home that night the entire kitchen was an inch thick of ANTS. I was absolutely horrified, so I can relate to you a little bit here. Only, I didn't have a cool ziplock coffin for those ants. :D