15 December 2008

THERE'S NO DAY LIKE A...

*SNOW DAY*
(or should I say ice day)


I just love having an extra day off.  However, I usually don't know school is cancelled until after I get out of the shower.  (ugh!)  So, here I sit at the computer...in my bathrobe, drinking some Dr. Pepper and eating M&M's.  I know, not a very healthy breakfast, but I am enjoying my morning off, nonetheless.  My hair is almost dry, and I'm sure it'll look terrible later on when I actually care about fixing it or making it look descent.

But for now, I'm just enjoying listening to Christmas music, playing a game of Spider Solitare, and not having to be rushed going to school.  The tedious scraping of the car windlshields, warming up my car 5 or 10 minutes early, and trying to avoid all the crazy drivers...they'll just have to wait until tomorrow (or, can I get another snow day?).


What about you...if you had a snow day & didn't have to go to work, what would you be doing instead?

12 comments:

Steve said...

You forgot to mention waiting anxiously for your tired and stressed out hubby to get home and rub your feet.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

LUCKY. I would give anything for another day off this week. Preferably Friday. That way we wouldn't have to have a Christmas party. I know... bah hum bug

K.M.L said...

I am so excited today is an ice day! woohoo! With no grad school work to do, this is heaven! :) I am going to listen to Christmas music and rest since all my gifts are wrapped!

Beckie said...

Aww, the days of ice/snow days. Is there anything more glorious? And definitely worth a Dr. Pepper/M&M treat. If I still lived in a world where these days meant something, I would go back to bed, wake up around 10 a.m., go play in the snow, eat a grilled cheese and soup, watch a soap opera (usually Days) just because I can, and take another nap.

Enjoy!!!

Sarah Lambson said...

Boy do I miss snow days! I don't have any exams today, but even if I did Mizzou would still be in session! Sad. I just can't wait until Thursday when I am DONE!

Peeser said...

Sadly, the way my hectic-but-slowly-getting-back-to-normal life has been, I would probably try to catch up on my grades before they have to be turned in at the end of the week.

However, even sadder, is that despite the weight of that sometimes nagging responsibility, I might procrastinate (yet again, hence the hectic and the behind on my grades...) and just kick back and watch a movie or read a book.

Lucky you- I almost wish we would have a snow or ice day this week- we just got a lot of depressing rain/drizzle this morning (I *hate* winter rains- they are so dreary, especially since I'd rather have snow!)

I hope you enjoy/enjoyed your day off!

Marlena said...

Babe, you'll never change..You can never have a normal breakfast!!!..Candy and soda...HOW OLD ARE WE??? GET BACK IN BED!!!

And that is a great photo of those boys in a frozen boat..Now, that would really STINK!!!

Reggs said...

What would I do with a free day? WHY I WOULD eat M&M's and drink Dr. Pepper for breakfast!!
Breakfast of champions, my friend. Glad you had a day off, you earned it!

JBlue said...

Whoa, Tam! That first picture looks like Rexburg! Oh, the many snow days we had there....ahh, the memories....

Colton Anne said...

I would definitely NOT be fishing like those crazy men!

TRANSPORTER said...

Hi mate! You gotta wonderful blog! You know what? We got surprise for you and a FREE gifts as well!
Give yourself a peep on my blog and your will find that you're saving your pocket in this resession time!

Anonymous said...

where you come from!