23 December 2008

Christmas Tags

Well, I originally started this a few days after Mena posted it on her blog, BUT I totally forgot all about it until yesterday, while I was driving to St. Louis.  Better late than never...(at least it's BEFORE Christmas Day!)

My Christmas life...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping...with cute bows and curly ribbon!  Love it!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...allergic to real ones.

3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving (but this year...it went up early...YEAH!)


4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime before school starts back in January 

5. Do you like eggnog? Nasty

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't remember...but definitely NOT a new bed ensemble.  I remember in my class, we went around telling everyone our favorite gift, and I made something "cool" up (really embarassin)

7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad...very picky man

8. Easiest person to buy for?  mom...she loves everything

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I'd like to have one, but I'm picky about them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail to family and close friends, and everyone  else gets emails if they're lucky.  Stamps are too expensive these days!  yikes...

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? anything that I can't use (aka...dust collectors)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation...haven't watched it this year yet, but I make the fam sit down every year and watch it.  Last year, it was just Steven who joined me...sad!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early, but not in June!  Sale racks are wonderful, and I HATE long lines and crazy drivers all dualing for a front row parking spot!  

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, never regifted but I have been known to trash a couple

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Thanksgiving all over again!

16. Lights on the tree? LED lights this year...definitely NOT multicolored!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home (of course...nothing is better than sleeping in your OWN bed waiting for Santa) 

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course...do I really have to, though?

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star, but currently I don't have one b/c I have yet to find the perfect one, and I can't settle for anything less than perfect

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning--if I start early, I can't stop.  It's better to just wait one more day...C'mon...we've waited a whole year, so why not wait just one more day? 

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? blue/silver--that is the current theme.  After I have kids, and a larger living space, I wanna family tree w/ all the trinkets and treasures kids love.

23. Favorite thing to eat for Christmas dinner? pumpkin roll, Sweet potatoes, dressing

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Something I'm sure to get: filing cabinet & electronic toothbrush. Prolly won't get: to see the nieces, nephews, and their folks this season (ugh!)

25. Who do you want to do this tag?Anyone left who hasn't done this one???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog