03 September 2008

Our Christmas Stockings

Ok, so I totally forgot to post the results of our lil country-ish stockings I made. And thanks to Ollie for pointing out my lack of promtness and memory, here we go:



1. Steve's Stocking:

I really like Steven's choice b/c it has both traditional Christmas colors, and is a nice plaid. Red and Green...I'm sure he couldn't decide. He originally liked the large blue plaid, but when he stumbled upon this one...it was a no-brainer! It was a really good choice. The fold-over part at the top turned out great and for some reason the fuzzy inside is EXTRA fuzzy, and it adds a nice lil touch!




2. Tamara's Stocking:

I orinally bought the sage green plaid for myself. Many of you know that is my favorite color (thanks to the Google picture post), but it really turned out terrible!!! (See below....) This print is different from the rest, but there is a story behind it. Every year, Steven's family goes to St. Charles (near St. Louis) sometime near Christmas. His parents give us $5 to spend and about an hour 1/2 to spend it. We all meet up in the end and share our purchases. This past year was my first year to participate, and I found this GREAT lil antique store and purchased several items (I had a brought a bit of extra cash as well). One thing I picked up was this fabric along w/ the blue polka dotted one (the one many of you all guessed was for the L.F. child). Anyway, I didn't know what I'd do with it, but a part of my sentimental side popped out that day and thought I would be able to sew a quilt or something and have a piece of our first Christmas together included. Well, it may not have been sew into a quilt, but it will hang every year on my mantle (or bookcase) and I'll remember our first Chritmas (don't cry on me).




3. The least favorite child's Stocking:

Ok, so this is the one. I know many of you can't tell, but I made several boo-boos on this one. Every time I looked at it, I thought....uuughhhhh!!!!! There was no way in heck I could keep this one forever. Plus, it wasn't very fuzzy and cozy like the others. It was strange. AND...the green wasn't the same green as the others. It was the BLACK sheep. Normally, I'd embrace the uniqueness, but this time it was different and I just couldn't handle it. So, Steven & I decided to wait and we'd use it if we HAD to. However, my little sister Becka was over one day and fell in love with it and begged to keep it. SO, it will now adorn her shelf somewhere at BYU-Idaho. I'm glad I gave it away, cuz I was starting to wonder if I had jynxed myself into having SIX children! Ain't no way I need that many...Becka, enjoy!!!!!


So, there you go....I can't believe that several of you ended up guessing Steven's stocking correctly after several hints. However, nobody guessed either mine or the LF Child's Stocking. You are all losers and came in dead last. Consolation prize? We'll see about that!

5 comments:

Colton Anne said...

I'm impressed either way! They all look cute!

Reggs said...

You'll just have to award the best looking bad-guesser.
Oh, and I JUST got my hair cut. :D
(ME ME ME MEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEMEEEE!)

Emily S. said...

fun! I was WAAY off. I'm an idiot.

Beckie said...

Tamara, those are fantastic. They capture Christmas perfectly. I think of huge trees covered in memories and lots of cookies and snowmen when I see them. So much fun. And I like that the black sheep found someone to appreciate it, much like the Charlie Brown tree. How appropriate.

ollie said...

I can't believe how into figuring it out I got -- especially since I did such a crappy job! lol!