22 August 2008

That time of year...Again.

School has begun!


Monday was my first day back as a teacher (going to meetings) and kids showed up on Thursday. Tomorrow will be my first day as a graduate student.


How am I feeling about all of this?


- Nervous that I won't get good grades
- Anxiety b/c I am teaching higher level of Spanish students this year
- Motivated to be the best I can be
- Stressed and fatigued b/c of the shoes I am trying to fill this year
- Upset b/c I am gaining weight and don't have enough energy in me, nor the time in the day to do much about it
- Sad b/c I am not getting to post blogs as often as I did, and b/c I am not able to check everyone else's as often as I used to
- Worried that my home will become a disaster b/c I can't be the perfect cleaner every Saturday morning that I am used to doing
- Frustrated b/c I am relying on Steven to do lots more than what he really would like, and it makes me cranky when he can't read my mind
- Starved for attention for ME b/c I feel like I lost my best friend at work, and I'm too shy to raise my hand and say anything in class when I'm the student or to make new friends
- Guilty b/c I can't pay a lot of attention to Steven in the evenings when he deserves it after coming home from a long day of work himself
- Craving for support, hugs, kisses, high-fives, or whatever I can get...Daily
- Thank goodness I'm not preggo, too!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll be fine! Just give yourself time to get in a routine and you'll be surprised what you can accomplish. Remember--you are woman--you can bring home the bacon & fry it up in the pan! Does referencing that song date me too much?

Steve said...

Babe, it's gonna be tough, we both know it. But think how much we'll both grow- you'll grow as a teacher/student/person, and I'll grow to hate housework more!

:)

ollie said...

Good luck Tam! You can do it! It's so much better to get schooling done now then waiting for as long as I have.

Julina said...

School has been in for a little over a week here in C'ville, the stress in the air has been palpable and someone finally brought in the chocolate - I'm not sure whether to bless them or curse them.

This year is just going to be plain old hard - but I can promise you (having just had one of those years, and possibly staring down another one) that Heavenly Father is there to hold you up and support you. So is Christ. And so are your family and friends. I tell people that I am "now accepting any and all prayers..." - it gets a smile, but it's also true. You'll be in mine, and you (and Steven) *will* make it through.

See you next weekend, and hang in there.

-Julina

Emily S. said...

oh girl-- ALL those emotions make sense and are justified and are OVERWHELMING.... Just start out one day at a time, just doing the necessary stuff, and you'll get in a rhythm sooner than you think. And make that bro of mine do more stuff, even if he whines. :)

Hang in there. You're gonna make it out alive!!

agirlnamedgay said...

all i have to say is i'm glad i'm not livin too close to you while you're feeling that way. sounds like a tornado to me! kick into 5th gear, tam! you're a survivor!

Reggs said...

goodness, girl! you just needs lots of hugs and lots of encouragement. And chocolate on those days that feel like they are too long. *hugs*

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

Hey girl. Wow. That's some roller coaster of emotions! You can do it! You're amazing!

By the way, Good Guy isn't who you think it is. I was set up by a mutual friend in Chile. He's amazing, though. We'll have to chat later...

ollie said...

Hey.. so I know school has been rough and all... but I wanna know who won the prize on the stockings!!! I actually WORKED to figure it out!!! lol!

liz said...

Now that you have had some time to fall into your routine and in love with all the kids...is it not a wonderland???? Yes it is hard and stressful and not enough time in the earth to do all you need to do- but don't you feel like you are making a difference? I would love to know your schedule and class load. Remember to be warm and friendly and if you lose you temper they have won ...compartmentalize! Don't take anything personal! You'll be great!

Donna said...

You want to meet and do something fun in yur spare time??????

Welcome to life - always full but always enough time to work things in that need to be done. Don't stress - it does not help and only make you feel worse.