04 September 2007



"¡YES, DRILL SERGEANT!"



Today, I literally felt like I was a drill sergeant. I had all of my Spanish 1 students out marching and chanting the entire Spanish alphabet! It was GREAT!



The idea was not planned originally, but due to circumstances (no air conditioning) in my first hour class, we decided to go outside and stand in a circle in the open fields. I had told them to make a circle, and to my surprise...they just kept walking. So, I let them just keep walking. It was AMAZING! All of the kids that just want to fiddle or daydream...they were all on task!


Sometimes the biggest disasters end up becoming a huge blessing. Today, I experienced just that. So, whoever it was who made me so upset this morning by turning off the AC unit in Trailer C this weekend, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!



¡Muchíssimas Gracias, amigo!

No comments: