25 September 2007

Mexico, here we come!



For Spring Break this year, my colleague and I will be taking a group of students to Mexico. We will go to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Chitchen Itza, Cozumel, and several other places of interest.

Some days I am really excited to go! Other days I wake up thinking..."have I gone completely insane; volunteering to take an unknown group of Junior High kids outside of the country?"

I'll definitely have to keep you posted...

Here's the latest funny story... today a student was told there is "no way we are taking you...you act like a buffoon in my class, how am I supposed to put up with a bunch of buffoons like you in another country?" Well, her mama called after school (before her daughter got home w/ the news, obviously) asking exactly who she needed to make her check out to, and exactly how much it should be for, because if her daughter was "going to Mexico...I will be chaperon"....Well, I have news for her. Neither her NOR her mama will be going with us this year or any other year!



1 comment:

Tamara said...

just a shmall update on the "mother"...she came to tonight's meeting determined to make us look bad. she sat in the back saying "they don't know what they're doing, and I'm sure they didn't come prepared tonight" to the parents around her. She asked everything from "what specific vaccinations will my child need" to "what exactly is the current exchange rate of dollar to peso" and also included "do you drink the water...and if you do, will you allow the kids to do so?"...what kind of woman is she?