15 July 2009

Summer so far...

Well, kiddos...I haven't been on here in a LOOOOONG while, I know! I've just been in the summer rut...and life has been full of meaningless activities. Ok, so a few things have been grand and meaningful, but mostly...just random things to take up time and fill my day with joy.

So, here's my list of summer "fun":
1. Summer school has ended! That was over and done a little over two weeks ago. Now, I stay up until really late (last night was 3:30am...tonight it's already 1:30am). I work on school projects (Steven's at work, so I don't feel so guilty) or just play games on the computer or Wii.

2. Not taking a shower until LATE. This is something that I love doing. I'm not really sure why, either. When I think about it, I feel gross and wonder why in the world I continue to do it. So don't freak out...I just sleep in until 10 (and sometimes 11), work, play, then shower around 3 or 4. Nice, I know!

3. Games, games, games. I am really addicted, ya'll. I just bought a plane ticket to visit my sister and nephews who are in Texas right now and will be leaving in T-minus-two-weeks. And I don't know what I'll do without my favorites: Biggest Loser Challenge, Luxor, Pyramid, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3, & Guitar Hero World Tour. Most of the first games are addicting games on King.com. You can challenge others and play in tournaments. You get "jewels" for playing...I have 998, and I'm still not sure what you actually do with the things. Ya...and you thought facebook applications (farming, scrabulous, bumper stickers, etc) was dumb!

5. Sewing. (the picture above is the actual one I'm working on) This is something my mother taught me to do when I was little...simple cross-stitch stuff. When I got back from Chile, I wanted a really HARD one to do, and something that I'd frame and hang in my home. Well, folks...I can guarantee that it's been hard...so difficult that I only take it out once a year, if that. I hope to finish it by the time school starts back. However, I'm not sure how much longer I can do it...my neck aches, my fingers are tender from being poked so many times, and my butt cheeks hurt from sitting for so long!

6. School. As far as my online Linguistics class goes, I only have my final research paper to complete and the final exam. I've finished the book, done the online posts, and watched the videos and typed up my commentaries...Cha-Ching! So, I don't have much more to go. Next week, I start a one-week intensive writing class. We are supposed to write for at least one hour each night, and bring in stuff to share/edit in writing groups. I've vowed to work on my blog some during that time, and rant and rave about all sorts of cool stuff...so get ready, 'cuz it's sure to be interesting!

Well...that's about it, I guess. I'm off to play a few rounds of Pyramid before I go to bed, then to call Steven and see if he'll sing me a "good-night" song like he did last night.

*I'm so overworked*

3 comments:

ollie said...

I even go crazy some times and only shower every other day. That's CRAZY!!!!

genevieve said...

LOVE our new Guitar Hero game too...I play drums, neil's on guitar. I can't believe I've never played before this summer! We just got Smash Hits and it is equally awesome! And online games...yup yup...I love me the Hidden object ones! Can't get enuf.

:) genny

The Ottley's said...

Don't you just LOVE summer! :)