13 June 2008

Pics from the Past...

Moving has it's ups and downs. One of the best things about moving is that it FORCES you to clean really well. Another good thing is finding all of those hidden treasures that are packed away. Steven & I sure had some good laughs this past week. Several of you all will remember these people & the stories behind them...several of you are IN these pictures....and the other several of you will laugh your heads off at things that happened in my past.
Ready or not...here we go...into the past where photos really DO say a thousand words! (don't you just love the quality of scanners?...ugh!)

Photo #1: Jess, Gay, and Ryan (wasn't that his name?). We were all friends in college, and I even went on several dates w/ Ryan Eggbert. Funny thing about this guy--he's afraid of showers...something about him almost drowning when he was little. Long story short...I don't date smelly guys!


Photo #2: Me and my sis, Marlena. This pic was one of the first taken by my littlest sis, Becca. It was taken by one of those old school cameras that went horizontally, and it was my favorite, neon orange! It was Becca's first picture-taking experience. "Becca, are you sure we are both IN the picture, in the middle?"..."yep...I know what I'm doing, guys"....well, what you see is what you get. We were going to Homecoming here, I think.


Photo #3: Marlena & Uncle Mike on his new (now old) motorcycle. We LOVED Uncle Mike, although he was very scary lookin when we were little. When we grew up, he was the coolest one around!


Photo #4: Marlena's graduation. Didn't she look happy here? Dad always made us take embarrassing pics, especially when we didn't WANT to. This is a great example of that!

Photo #5: This is a pic of Jules, Olive Oil, Me, and Mena. We went to Rick's College together one summer. Jules lived in ASSPEN (yes, I misspelled it on purpose...has to do w/ the odor of that place), and the rest of us lived it up in the dorms. What a fun summer!


Photo #6: Mena, Jules, Troy, and ?. The girls went to DI and bought hideous dresses, but they stunk so bad that they wore clothes underneath them. I suppose they had fun that night (even though they smelled funny).


Photo #7: Mena & Olive (Ollie)...Don't remember why we made the sign, but we thought it would attract guys somehow. It said "Get your meat beat here" and Olive drew a great arrow, and she actually wore it around campus one day....crazy girl!


Photo #8: Yep, for my birthday one year, my wonderful friends rented a hearse. It belonged to a youngster across the way from where we lived. It was crazy,. but lots of fun!


Photo #9: Jules & Marlena "breakin it down" while cleaning the apartment during "white glove" checks...I always HATED those.

Photo #10: Don't you remember when wearing a white t-shirt and jeans was cool? Here are my two crazy sisters hanging out together! Awwww...such sisterly love!


Photo #11: This was one of my favorite pics of my lil sister! We went out back, and I started taking pics of her...she is so beautiful! Yes, we wore TONS of make-up in those days, but she looks just as good w/o it, too!


Photo#12: Here is my parents (get a load of the hair on my mother and her large-rimmed glasses), my lil sister Becca (what's up w/ the large hair) and my sister, Marlena & her hubby. This was while Marlena finished nursing school and lived at home for a few months after getting married. This was a pic sent to me while I was on a mission in Chile.


Photo #13: Now THIS is a good pic! Andrea had not discovered how to use make-up, and I had discovered the dark-red lipstick! I was in a high school choir called Madrigals and was dressed for the occasion (check out the bangs and brows), and the fam was there to support me. And YES...I still have the costume, and break it out every now and then for Halloween!


Photo #14: And last, but not least...my good friend Jessica, who I rarely ever talk to anymore (ugh!). This was a pic she thought I'd gotten rid of YEARS ago! We were roomies in the dorm, and we were being funky that day! Don't even ask...cuz I don't even know what we were thinking!

There you go...a glimpse into the past of me & my family and friends. You all should do the same! It was really hilarious to go through old photo albums, scan in the pics and post them. I think I'll start a TAGGING thing.

So, I tag: Emily, Gay, Jess, Olive, Shelly, Steven, & Tami.

7 comments:

Steve said...

OOOOOOOOOKay- that'll be one of my projects in the next week or so, is finding all my old pics. Imagine the fun we'll have 20 years from now looking at the pics from when we were first married.

ollie said...

I totally remember the "Get your meat beat here" but I sooooo don't remember wearing the arrow around campus! However, I wouldn't be shocked if I actually did it!

Amber said...

Ok, that was fun to see those old pictures!! And please don't tell my dad he is cool -- it will just confirm what he already thinks!! hehe!! :) Oh, and Marlena looks so young in some of those pictures! Are you sure she was old enough for college???

Anonymous said...

Hey, I still look young. Nobody ever thinks my kids are mine!! It's just bacause I'm short! Uncle Mike is cool...He cracks me up!!! Those pics are one of a kind....LOVE IT!!! Jess looks the BEST BY FAR!!!

Spraz said...

I LOVE finding old pictures...it's seriously the BEST. Congrats on moving and surviving it. I love the pics of the house, it looks awesome!

agirlnamedgay said...

one word... embarrassing! can we at least have then and now pictures to get a little redemption! ha ha! i was actually just looking through some of mine the other day. hate to tell ya, i just don't have the courage to post them!!! i agree with laney... jess is looking the best by far!!!

Peeser said...

what fun! you are so right- going through old photos is always fun to do, even if a little scary sometimes... (you should see if my mom can locate some old family photos - there are some GREAT ones of Steven, if you haven't seen them yet- dressed up as Pee-Wee Herman, Clark Kent, Superman,among others... :)