24 April 2008

Not much to say...

Ya right...So much to say!

Life has thrown Steven & I some funny twists and turns lately. Steven's job is in jeopardy and he leaves everyday, wondering if he will get a phonecall saying "don't bother showing up tomorrow"...not that he's getting fired...but he's being "let go."

To me, and to our little family of two, that means

FIRED!

...


Let's be honest with one another, buddy! I wish they would just let him know one way or another. It hurts me to see Steven so uptight, so worried, and so downhearted...all b/c of a news station that is eventually going to go out of business.

Besides all of the turmoil that thought brings...it leaves me (the REAL worrier) to think about life...just a few questions floating around in my head right now...

1. Will we still be able to move out in June? Can we even afford it?

2. Does this mean we should move, and I should pass up the opportunity to go to grad school, and support Steven...is that what the Lord is trying to tell a 25 year old stubborn girl? (Yes, that's my age...every year...starting 3 years ago...I've turned 25!)

3. What if I don't have a job either next year? Recently, our school district has had to cut $10 million, and non-tenured teachers are being let go. Will I be one of those cut?

4. Does this mean I destined to remain in my mother's BASEMENT with all of my treasures in the storage unit?

5. Is it time to have kids NOW or LATER? I just don't know...I barely have time to spend with my hubby. I'm starting to spend WAY more time with students...that ain't a good thing! How will I find time to be a good mother? How can I afford that?

6. What if Steven's car doesn't last much longer. It's falling apart a bit more every time we turn around. How can we afford THAT? We both have HORRIBLE paying jobs!

Now then...see why I haven't blogged in a while? It ain't pretty...my thoughts these days. Not much positive coming out of my head. And to make it worse...I start my period in a few days, & I ain't had my Dr. Pepper in a few weeks...does THAT have anything to do with all this stress? ... just a thought...

I heard a lady turned 115 this week...somewhere up in Indiana, I think. After much research, they have found that people who live to be over 105 years old, they don't stress out much. They take the trials that come their way, and they work through them...no big deal, they say. Well, I need to learn something about THAT...or I may end up 6 feet under some time soon!

And I thought I was stressed....

10 comments:

The Ottley's said...

It's hard when we get thrown the 'curve ball'. You can always move to Washington... just a thought. We've got 2 TV stations, take that back... 4! See there's potential! Plus we could use another teacher. (We've just experienced our own 10 Million deficite- OUCH! How are you supposed to teach with no supplies?) Anyway, come on over baby! You could always bunk with us!

ollie said...

I heard there's this place where you can sell your plasma.... however you might develop a crack habit if you go.

Just remember, we've all been there and we've survived. You guys will get through this and pretty soon you won't even know how you got through it, you just did. Trust yourself and trust the Lord -- but not the dealer at the plasma center!

Anonymous said...

That avatar of yours ("just kickin' it in Mexico") seems so far away, doesn't it...

I think April/May is always a huge stress ball for those on a school calendar, but it sure seems like this year is worse than most for the Lambsons... sigh.

I'm praying for you guys (and everyone else) and I hope you can do something this weekend to distract yourselves, even if only for a couple of hours.

Take care,

Julina

Emily S. said...

oh tamara-- I completely sympathize... we're in limbo too, and it is really draining and hard to "wait and see"...

You're in my thoughts.

Peeser said...

I understand the fear and frustration of an uncertain future. I feel some of that now- since I am an unlicensed teacher working off an emergency permit, I'm technically "surplussed" at the end of every year. Only if they are unable to find enough qualified teachers will they be able to re-hire me... For the most part, I'm not too worried because the demand for Spanish teachers is still high. But its still a little scary sometimes.
I know you both will get through this. I know that you are capable of growing together in the direction the Lord is trying to lead you, wherever that may be. Whatever happens, remember that you ARE blessed. Hang in there- summer is almost here!
:)
-Elise

Unknown said...

Babe- the great thing about our marriage is that you're committed to our happiness just as I am, and the Lord is committed to our happiness as well. That's about as good a Dream Team as I can come up with, so it will will all work out, because I have you and you have me and we have the Lord on our side. Not a bad combo, I'd say.

M&A Jury said...

Unfortunately, we are still at the University Ward. It kinda sucks ALOT! But life does go on! How are you guys doing??

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Wow. I thought MY life was stressful. Man. I have it easy. Your comment about stress makes perfect sense. Mi madre died of cancer, but we're all convinced that she developed the cancer because of stress.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry life seems so uncertain and frustrating right now. It reminds me of when a year or so ago you were worried about your future with Steven, wondering when you should get married and if it would even happen. Look where you are now, happier than ever with your hubby. Tamara, trust that the Lord will take care of you two, as He has before. He has a plan for you both. Just trust him that things will work out. Love you and will keep you in my prayers.

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

You are not destined to live in your mother's basement the rest of your lives. "Trust in the Lord and lean not unto thine own understanding..."

I just went through a very stressful period in my life. It always seems to be tied to money, doesn't it? I didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was in despair and had almost given up. But I didn't. Just keep paying your tithing as heeding the susurros del Espiritu and everything will turn out right.

Te quiero, mi guachita.