12 April 2008

A few updates & a bit of rambling, too

I have been SO busy since being back from Mexico that it's unreal. Today was supposed to be a relaxing Saturday, but instead I have spent my "day off" running errands, doing laundry, cleaning house, lesson planning, going to school to laminate stuff, making copies, doing Primary stuff, and taking care of Steven for the few minutes I've seen him today. So today, I thought I would let off some steam, and here's what I have to say, dang it...

First of all, here's a pic of our new cell phones. Yes, we FINALLY chose to stay with AT&T and we signed up as new customers. We could do that b/c both of us were on Family Plans, so we just decided to get cool new phones, and stick with what we knew was a good thing. Plus, I get a discount through work. So, here's a pic of them:

I find myself longing to go to Mexico again. Ok, really to just go on a REAL vacation. Just wanted to share my favorite souvenir with ya'll. Here it is. I have decided that I am going to collect masks from different cultures/places that I've been. I have one from Chile, and now one from Mexico. They really intrigue me...don't know why, but here's one that represents a lot of Mayan culture:
Don't know why I wanted to include this pic, but I am really proud of our lil' Dyson vaccuum. It is the greatest thing on earth! It was Steven & my first HUGE purchase since being married, and I'm sure we won't regret it. I have to have a vaccuum that works well, and we got a great deal. Here she is, the Dyson Slim (can't remember the number, sorry)...

We are SOOOOO ready to move! Have I mentioned that already? Here's a few reasons that I can think of:
  1. We have so much JUNK, I mean cool stuff that I can't wait to use! All that registering, and gift opening was fun, and now I want to use it. Everything that we got, pretty much, is still packed away, and I am longing more and more to open everything and use them. I go in the storage room ever so often, take a gander at stuff, just to remind myself everything we got. I tend to forget. But that's the coolest part, it's like getting presents all over again. So, here's a gander at the huge shelf that is in my parent's storage room, with a ton of our wedding gifts in bags/boxes.


AND....to top off all those endless boxes and gifts remaining untouched by human hands...I have framed some wedding pics, our marriage certificates, Proclamation to the Family, etc, etc etc...and I'm DYING to hang them up. I haven't done so b/c I really just want them to adorn the walls of our new adobe. Here's a sneak peak at two of my favorite pics. Both are just sitting on the floor, surrounded by phones, cords, dust, shoes, and Steven's laundry bag:

Also...can you even see a kitchen table in this pic? It is so cluttered with PRIMARY activity stuff (and will be for another 2 weeks) that I can't stand it any longer!

I just want to move. I need more space, and I need to feel like Steven & I have something of our own. It's been great living in the basement of my parent's home, but let's get real....it's past due...the MOVE! June can't come any faster!

8 comments:

Elicia said...

That is a super sweet mask! Also, I noticed that in your presents that just keep being presents you have a crock pot. I love my crock pot. I have some great recipes, so if you'd like them when you get a chance to use your presents, let me know! And good luck with the primary thing...I know what you mean about it taking over sometimes, except my problem is Relief Society, not primary. Are you moving in June?

The Ottley's said...

Hey Tamara,
What's so special about June? You waiting for school to be over before you add another thing to do to your list? :) You know... home ownership is wonderful! I think you'd like it. :)
Love,
Tami

Tamara said...

Tami, we've actually passed up the opportunity to buy a home right now, just b/c we're prolly only gonna be here another couple years or so...better to just rent for now....but ya, we're waiting til school is out! yeah for that! oh wait...i'm teaching summer school! ugh!

and elicia...you have my email...send me as many recipes as you want, girl...i'll have to figure out the whole crockpot ordeal...not quite sure what to do w/ it, but we ended up getting 4 of them...ha ha ha....must be nice!

Peeser said...

Masks have always been interesting to me, too. Granted, some can be kind-of creepy, but overall, they are quite a fascinating representation of cultural values- and it is interesting sometimes to see how subconscious feelings/beliefs can merge with the overt intentions/purposes of the masks...
As far as June goes, just hang in there... I'm with you- so ready for the end of school! (Of course, it doesn't help that my students are, too... At least we're in the homestretch and the end is in sight!)
love ya!

ollie said...

Are you guys lookin' to rent an apartment or a house??? We're in the same boat as you... we don't wanna buy a house just yet. Okay, we're not in the same boat as you 'cause we're gonna be stayin' here for life, we just don't wanna buy right now while home prices plummet. Good luck survivin'!

Anonymous said...

JUNKY MONKEY!!!

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

I love the mask. A lot.


I'm not moving yet. That's not possible. So, I just exchanged rooms with my brother...gave me new scenery without having to spend la plata...

Julina said...

I don't envy you the packing/unpacking part (I've *always* hated that!) but having a place of your own, with room to stretch out. That might actually make it worth it ;-)

Seriously, I can't wait to see what you do when you have space and room to express yourself.

Meanwhile, hang in there (we're all hanging right next to you...)

Take care,