05 August 2010

SOooooo Sorry!

Let me just apologize.

I am in a funky funk right now.

I just don't know what to do about it.

Seriously, I think there is something wrong with me.  You see, I have traveled so much this summer...and now I'm home.  It's like I have "vacation blues" or something.  It was so thrilling going to Europe.  I had a busy time going to Philly and seeing the sites...time passed by so quickly!  I had a blast (just not in the heat) when I went to see my three nephews in Arizona.  Then, I enjoyed the relaxation of Nauvoo this weekend.  

And now...I'm at home. Yes, I am enjoying my new home.  
I really am.
I'm enjoying not having to get up early.
I'm enjoying watching talk shows, game shows, reality shows, and late night shows.
I'm enjoying the joy of cooking, cleaning, and shopping whenever I want.
I'm enjoying not being so stressed and putting my husband before school-related things.
I'm simply enjoying everything about my TIME. OFF.

But, why do I feel so silly for yearning to be back on "vacation"?  I mean...I'm on vacation (at least from my teaching job), yet I feel like I need to go on another vacation? I want to be anywhere but here.  And in 2 weeks...I'll wish I was back here, not going to work.

What's wrong with me?

I need to learn to be satisfied with where I am.
I'm too antsy. I'm never satisfied.  I always need "one more".  One more beverage.  One more milkshake.  One more bargain from the clearance rack. One more place to go to. One more minute to finish my online game or movie.  

This is definitely not good.

Ugh.

For your pleasure, I'll put some pics up of the new home.  I hope you enjoy.

The master bedroom:
The living room:

The kitchen:

The house:

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wow! What a fun summer you've had! Don't feel bad for wanting another "vacation" or "out" or for being in a funk. I'm not trying to sound like a cynic, but I think times are getting harder, and it is easier to feel antsy or whatever. Who knows--maybe you're being prepared for something? At any rate--the house is beautiful and I'm glad you and your hubby have a place to call home.