01 March 2010

My Second Home- CHILE


CHILE

My HOME away from home, if you will.

The news is devastating.

My heart is full of sorrow, pain, and yet there is a LOT of love.

Love for the people I knew.

The people that took care of me for so long, that taught me the Chilean way...

How to dance La Cueca, How to properly eat Cazuela, How to be yourself, and how to Love unconditionally...even when you have just met.

The earthquake.
The tsunami.
The tremors that still occur.

The buildings that fell to the ground.

The people who lost their lives.

Out of more than 30 people I still keep in contact with, I have only heard from maybe 10.

Do they not have power? NO.

Are they even alive still? I don't know.

It's killing me not to know.

I wish there was something I could do.

For now...just sit, pray, and check Facebook updates often.

*sigh*

CHILE--I love you.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Hermana Wiles!

Okay, I know you have a real name now... years after a mission, but you are Hna. Wiles to me- Hna. Miller. :)

I have been googling any and all info on Chile ever since the earthquake and found a link to your blog from the Conce South blog. Hey, I didn't even know you went to the South mission after the split, but hey! Glad to find you.

Anyway, just wanted to say that my heart and mind has been with chile all this weekend. What a wonderful place, beautiful people and great memories we have there. :)

Julina said...

I was wondering if you'd heard anything - I hope you hear from more than 10 of your friends/brothers/sisters soon, and I hope we all hear better news soon, as well...

Unknown said...

Wow, Tamara, I had forgotten you served there. I hope you hear from your friends soon and all is well.

Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. I always smile when I see your name. And I just have to say--YOU'RE GOING TO BE 30!!!! hahahahahaha

Michelle said...

Tamara, I feel just absolutely sick thinking about what our Chileans are going through right now. Every time Trev and i talk about it the conversation ends in tears. I feel helpless and it's driving me crazy. Have you heard from anyone from San Pedro? Should we hold a special fast this Sunday? Love you and we'll keep praying!

Tamara said...

No...I haven't heard from anyone from San Pedro...isn't that terrible!!!! There was a special fast this last Sunday, I know. But this Sunday...you KNOW what I'll be fasting for....the more the merrier!! I love you, Shelly and hope all is well. We need to chat more often!

Reggs said...

awwwwwwww, this is a sweet post. I agree 100%. And I've heard back from 5 of the 14 I've tried to contact.
I'm sick over it.

Anonymous said...

i definitely adore all your writing taste, very remarkable.
don't give up and keep posting because it simply just well worth to follow it.
excited to view more of your content pieces, cheers :)