16 May 2009

Super Saturday


This is NOT going to be a long post, I promise....rather, a quick update.
Today, Steven & I went as "chaperones" for our 9th graders end-of-year trip to SIX FLAGS in St. Louis.  We took off at 8am, and arrived home at 8pm.  What a LONG day it was!!!

My afterthoughts:

1. MAN, I'm glad I'm not 15 anymore!  WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA

2. They don't make bus seats comfortable enough to ride in for two hours...let alone twice in one day!

3. Funnel cakes are good, but TWO of them are WAAAAYYYYY too much!

4. Not to self in the future:  NEVER give a 9th grader more than $20 to spend on a field trip of this sort...they'll just spend it ALL the last 10 minutes and buy stupid stuff:  3 ft long pixi stix, over-sized hairy monkeys, superman capes, large lollipops, enormous turkey legs that they can't finish in time that end up getting passed around the bus, or ANOTHER refill of soda for the ride home.

5. Seriously, riding rides was a lot of fun! Especially when today was overcast until around 2 or 3. Perfect weather for walking, very breezy, and didn't even have to wear sunscreen!

6. Go before Memorial Day, when the lines are shorter, and the water park is closed...no seeing scanky girls in bikinis trying to sneak onto the regular rides.

Hope you all had a GREAT weekend!  I'm tired and going to bed, now.

7 comments:

Peeser said...

You *do* realize that you should still wear sunscreen, even when it is overcast- those rays can still penetrate a cloud cover... (Of course, I just have very sensitive skin that might sunburn if the word "sun" is even mentioned...:)

I'm glad you had fun, despite having to watch lots of freshmen (hopefully, you had at least a few fun kids to be with...)

Here's hoping we survive these last few weeks/days of school! I know I'm ready to be done!

Take care!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Man, I miss 6 Flags. I haven't been in like 2 years. The one here in CA is reaaaallly ghetto. But it made me laugh reading your post becuase I totally remember going to Six Flags for a field trip in 7th grade for ASB and spending ALL of my money on retarded stuff at the end of the day that I never looked at again. And I agree, 15 year-olds have way too much drama. I had a nightmare last night that I taught 7th and 8th grade math. I totally was like, "I thought I was done!!!" I'm so over my students... and I still have 2 weeks left.

Sarah Lambson said...

You KNOW that whole point of going to those places with any kind of money is to buy all that crap. Kids LOVE it! Don't you remember the days you loved those huge pixi sticks and turkey legs?

Tamara said...

Yes, I DO Sarah....totally remember those days. Heck, we bought TWO funnel cakes and I was so sick on the ride home! But now, I look at all that candy and think, "I can either eat expensive crap here in the park, or save up and buy me a new ...." (whatever it may be...clothes, gadgets, movie, etc). And the candy ALWAYS loses these days...and good thing it does or else I would be fatter than I already am!

agirlnamedgay said...

wow 6 flaggs used to be the place to be! it's so weird tamara that you now live so close to where i grew up...bizarre!

Marlena said...

HAHA!! Doll, this bloggy was funny. "Note to self.." Yeah, here's a note for yourself...Next time, wear your bikini and hit up the bar before riding on the bus...It will make the ride much more enjoyable!!!

Emily S. said...

nice list of reminders! Ha ha! :)