29 January 2009

Mysterious Package

To my SURPRISE the other day, I got a strange looking package in the mail.  I came home, and a package shaped like a can of pick-up-sticks was handed to me (with a huge grin) from Steven, my hubby.  Of course, it since it had gone through the mail, I didn't think it was from him, but then again...you NEVER know with him!


So, I start to shake the box (thinking it was a game) and I got yelled at....

S:  "BABE...don't shake it, you could break whatever is inside."  

ME:  "How do you know what's inside?"

S:  "Uhhhh, well....I got the mail this morning, and was curious as to what was inside, so I called Elise & she told me."  


UGH!  What a way to RUIN the surprise!  What ever happened to ME being the first to know what was in the unknown package????  ANYWAYS...I was still curious, so I unwrapped it ever-so-carefully, and I saw something that looked like a can of PRINGLES.  I thought WHAT?  I'm on a diet (or trying to, anyway)...why is someone tempting me like this?  

To my surprise, and astonishment, my ever-so-thoughtful sister-in-law had been to the store and remembered how much I enjoyed the Bloomin' Onion from Outback.  So, this is what she sent me:
Wasn't that SWEET?  Well, you know I had to try them out!  So I did.  So, they don't come CLOSE to the real thing.  Sorry, Elise!  They are very fattening (I'd almost rather just indulge in the real thing...at least you're getting somewhat of a serving of veggie somewhere in all the grease & batter, right?)  However, once you make it past the initial Whoah of the ever-so-pungent-fake-sort-of-Horsey sauce, they are kinda addicting.  That's why I ate 1/3 of them the first night and I haven't touched them since. 

Maybe next week.  12 grams of fat for 10 crisps just isn't worth another hour-long workout.  At least for THIS week....

Thanks, Elise!

3 comments:

Peeser said...

Well, I figured they might not come close to the real thing. HOwever, since I don't eat the real thing anyway, I didn't think I would be a good candidate to be the taste tester. (And I'm sorry I didn't know about your diet... I'll keep that in mind for the future :)

Still, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I hope you are getting through the January blahs better than some of us are (although getting almost a foot of snow that has made the world a wonderland of glistening snow- and two snow days as a result- have certainly helped me in recent days...)

love ya!

(btw- where did you get a hold of that photo of me? just curious...)

Christi said...

That was too sweet!!! Where they good?

Tamara said...

two quick comments on the ABOVE comments:

1. ELISE- Steven had some pics on the computer, so I chose one of those. Don't know how he got them, but probably from Emily! BUT, I have a few more that Em has taken that are wonderful of ya, but I couldn't find my CD. ps- hope you didn't mind!

2. CHRISTI- they were "ok", but no, I probably won't be purchasing any after this batch. They were interesting to say the least. I'll just stick with my favs: Sour Cream & Onion, and Chili Cheese from now on!!