16 November 2008

What a week!


On Monday of this week, I got a case of the sicky. I mean, I was sitting in school, daring my 7th hour class to even whisper...that's how bad it was! My head was about to explode (for real), I could barely walk I was so dizzy, and man did I just want to be at home. The first thought that came to mind (as I'm sure you are thinking right now)..."I'm pregnant"..."OH MY!"

So, I continued to lay my head on my desk the last 20 minutes of school, and the kids were great (for the first time ever). I managed to make it through to the bell, and then came 3 or 4 students to my class to get some extra help after school. Most of them left, after seeing me so sick, and came back another day. One, however, was a brave soul and decided to study and make up his quiz he'd missed the week before. I warned him of the consequences, but he said it didn't bother him.


All came crashing down about 5 minutes after that. My entire lunch came back to surprise me, and I had to go get the janitor to come and clean up the mess (he'd already been in to at least empty the trash). Still feeling not-so-great, I waiting until feeling a bit better to go home, afraid I would wreck or run off the road. As soon as I got home, I hopped in the bed, and curled up beside Steven. Little to our surprise, he woke up about 30 minutes later complaining of a terrible migrain and ended up vomiting as well within the hour. What a case of the sickies! And I know you're wondering (just as I was), "How did Steven get pregnant?" ha ha ha
Needless to say, we are better now (thank goodness), but our Monday got even worse. I managed to completely erase every important file I had on my computer that evening. It's quite a long story, but I did a system recovery (trying to fix a minor problem we had) and I've it maybe 10 times before, and nothing has ever gone wrong. This time, however, EVERYTHING went wrong! My files were completely erased (all except a few strange pictures of my lil sister Rebecca, and a few downloads that Steven had put on the computer within the past week...odd, huh?). But seriously...I was so pissed off at myself! I was sicker than sick, and now I was even SICKER! I went to bed feeling so stupid and so upset...all of my teaching files, student teaching files, college student files, and my Master's level files were G-O-N-E!
Moral of the story--back up your files! I always heard of people losing their info, but I consider myself pretty technology-saavy. I can fix most things, install/uninstall, and have managed to stay problem-free until recently. It's a scary thing to think that one touch of a button can erase MILLIONS of hours of hard work!


So you wanna know why I haven't blogged recently...there ya go! Did I ever get my files back? Yes, 3 people and $300 later...yes. Don't ask me about it, ok? But if you are every told that you completely erased everything and there is nothing you can do about it, I know a guy who might could help you. He's getting a good gift this Christmas!
...and just in case you're wondering, I'M NOT PREGGO!

8 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

tamara and the sickies..... glad i wasn't around! you had me confused for a minute... i was wondering if you were pregnant. you just never know....

liz said...

Dang girl...I'm going to back up my files as soon as I get off of here....hummm well....didn't even get a baby out of the deal? Ok got my disk --see ya....

Our Ohana said...

I know I hardly ever post on your blog but I do read it!! :D

We had our computer crash earlier this year - we still haven't gotten any our files back because it's going to cost us $1500.00!!! Ya ... it's going to take awhile to save up for that! Glad you got your files back though :D

Emily S. said...

even having heard this story before, it still made me SO SORRY for you!!! I am so glad all is better now. I hope next week is easy and kind to you!

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

sorry to hear you had a wicked case of the sickies!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Gracias por ser tan buena conmigo como siempre. ¡Te quiero!

Reggs said...

What about steven?? Is he pregnant? You never cleared that up.

HA HAAAA! I'm sorry, kid. I think it's a rule that everyone gets sick at the change of the seasons. Although computers, they are here just to test our patience.
It really is just a matter of time before they sprout legs and control us.
(Mine forces me to play tetris all the time).

Peeser said...

I'm sorry to hear about your case of the sickies... I hate it when things like that happen- especially when you feel like you've affected (or infected) other people... I hope the rest of this week goes better than last week did... :)

Polson Family said...

i wish i could have been there for the throw up madness. you were there for mine when Cade throw up all over me. well i hope that you are feeling better. miss ya