15 February 2008

My Valentine


My husband knows exactly what I need, and sometimes I take it for granted. I am working on being more aware of both the big AND small things that he does on a more regular basis, both inside and outside of our happy home (or basement, if you will).
Yesterday being Valentine's Day, I knew he would have a hard time finding something for me. I am a hard person to shop for, because I really despise gifts out of pitty, or giving gifts because that is what is expected, etc. I really want to be able to use the item, but find that most of the time the item either ends up on a box (because I feel bad if I throw it away) or it ends up in on a shelf collecting dust.
Steven knows all of the above about me, and he has a right to get nervous about getting gifts for me. I personally rejoice in the fact that it pushes him to be creative and pay attention to the small details and the smaller things in life that make me happy.
Yesterday, he got me a few small things. First, I HATE red roses. Very lame and very non-thoughtful. Every girl gets them, and I refuse to be just like everyone else. Instead, Steven gets me daisies (my favorite) or colorful roses...both of which ended up adorning my table this morning. Secondly, he got me a set of coasters. NOT the original ones I picked out, but close. I love the line of bamboo items they have on the shelves at Wal-Mart, and he remembered me liking them when we were registering for our wedding gifts almost a year ago. Thirdly, he made a contract for services...wonderful things like washing my car, cleaning the house, making dinner, and all sorts of things that are VERY meaningful to me.
Let me mention that the evening before, I cried myself to sleep, with Steven holding me tight telling me everything will be ok, and that he is willing to do whatever I need. Secretly, I was really kinda depressed and wished I could find a way to de-stress my life and just chill. He found the way to de-stress my life...it's like my prayers were answered yesterday. He is so thoughtful and kind, and he honestly knows what I need, and I am extemely grateful I am for that.
Steven, you are amazing and I love you so much! Happy Valentine's Day, and I fall more and more in love with you every day!

3 comments:

ollie said...

awwww... that's so sweet that you were crying so hard last night because you missed me! I love you too Tam! ;-)

Michelle said...

I feel the same way about red roses. Points for Steven for getting you daisies. That's sweet!

Anonymous said...

After much reading on this bloogy of yours I have decided you need to talk less about marriage and your Hub and muchy-muchy stuff and get down to business...Job, Car, Church, Testimony, Scripts, ANYTHING!!!...I'M SO NAUSEATED!!!..Please change the subject..GOSH!!!..HAVE A BABY, rob a bank, or something....