17 October 2010

* New Purchase *

The newest addition to our home:

two

SKY CHAIRS



These are like individual hammocks.  You can put them on the porch, on an A-frame (kinda like a swing set) or on a large tree branch, like a tire swing.


You see, I just attended my first Renaissance Fair, and it was a lot of fun.  It was interesting, to say the least!  I attended a joust, a juggling act, a fire-eating presentation, and saw some people get hypnotized.  It was kind of hot, but it was a fun time!  Although I didn't eat a turkey leg, as I had anticipated...having some some Philly cheese fries, a large pickle, a bag of cinnamon roasted almonds, and a few bits of a chocolate chip ice cream bar (by faaaaar one of the best things I've eaten in a LOOONG time) made the day even better!


However, the coziest spot at the fair had these "Sky Chairs" set up under a small pavilion.  Every now and then, people would walk by and ask about them.  I don't know about them, but for me it was "love at first sight". They are SO COZY!  They have a silly foot rest, I know.  But you can't knock it 'til you try it.  And you can't buy just one...you have to buy two!  Who wants to enjoy this all alone?  So...they will be adorning our front porch sometime this week.


And I just CAN'T WAIT...doesn't it look so inviting?  I'll tell you what...the next time you come over for a visit, I *might* let you sit in Steven's chair!  :)



6 comments:

Peeser said...

So jealous- first, that you got to go to the RenFest and I didn't (but that's not your fault- I'm so glad you had a fun time!!!) and second, that you bought the Sky Chairs that I have drooled over for so long but have never felt capable of affording... They ARE pretty awesome, aren't they?

Next time I'm in town, will you pleasepleasepleaseplease let me sit in one of them? :)

Sarah Lambson said...

You know, I have gone to the RenFest for YEARS and I have never actually taken the time to sit on te Sky Chairs. I never got what was so great about them. I guess I need to try out Steven's chair and see what's so amazing!

Rachael said...

Sweet! I've never heard of these before, but they look so comfortable and fun!

Reggs said...

OOOH so fun!! I've seen some that have drink holders in them. Talk about a dreamy summer on the porch! And now that I have been invited, I may just crash at your house sometime. :D

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

are they up yet???? Huh? Huh?

Spraz said...

LOVE IT! You WOULD have one of these on your porch:)