20 May 2007

GOOD FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND...

Why is it that a good friend is so hard to find? I can count on one hand how many "best" friends, I mean...REAL best friends I've ever had.
What are the qualifications of a "best friend"...
  1. Good listening skills
  2. Trustworthy
  3. Honest, even when it's the hardest
  4. Gives advice that you actually listen to and follow
  5. Accepts you for being "you"
  6. Forgives and forgets
  7. Gives meaningful hugs that you find yourself longing for
  8. Wants you to be happy
  9. Helps you become something you can't be alone

I guess this week that has been on my mind. It's been a crazy week...very strange and extremely hard to know what to do, what not to do, what to say, and what is real. I've needed friends, true friends, more than ever. When life gets hard, when the tears just won't stop falling, it's comforting to know that you can lean on a friend to lift you up.

Thanks to everyone who has loved me & helped me become the person I am today.

No comments: